Accrington shenanigans

Have sent another email hoping to get a credit but not sure it will happen, I did mention that OUSP are on the case and have reported that a credit will be issued.

Just had a reply from Ifollow after complaining about the Accrington offering.
They've sent me a code to get the Sheffield Wednesday game free, so at least they've compensated me for it.
That's better than nothing, but does require that you want to watch the Sheffield game on the iFollow. What if you are going to the match, or have something else on?
A bit like the EFL rewards during Covid lock-downs, when one of the prizes was a code for the next match, which if you were a season ticket holder, would be covered by that anyway if it was a home match.

Also, none of this helps those ex-pats who’ve (had to) commit for the season in advance.

Replies to me have been similarly useless so far.

Also, none of this helps those ex-pats who’ve (had to) commit for the season in advance.

Replies to me have been similarly useless so far.
“At this current time, we would are not able to offer any refunds or compensation for this issue to subscribers.”

“At this current time, we would are not able to offer any refunds or compensation for this issue to subscribers.”

Received same, misspelled, generic, patronising and useless response.

Meh… I’m feeling kind of bored today… I’ve threatened them with Ofcom, for all the good that’ll do.

Surely they should at least be legally bound to offer an equitable solution for all customers though?

Received same, misspelled, generic, patronising and useless response.

Meh… I’m feeling kind of bored today… I’ve threatened them with Ofcom, for all the good that’ll do.

Surely they should at least be legally bound to offer an equitable solution for all customers though?
Agreed. I’ll keep prodding them too. More about keeping them honest rather than wanting or expecting anything back!

I’ve resent my email and get the usual response someone will be in contact

@OUSP Secretary was in touch with ifollow earlier this week, and achieved some kind of 'agreement' from them - maybe if OUSP could reiterate and point out to ifollow what was said earlier this week,- or even better get ifollow to issue a code that could be entered by those affected by the poor Accrington ifollow coverage, maybe, just maybe the situation would be resolved without frustrating those affected even more?

We have been in contact with ifollow since the weekend. Email them on ifollow@efl.com if you bought a pass for Saturday. They are working through everyone and will offer a credit for Sheffield Wed's match. We did ask them to do this automatically as they must have the necessary data, but they won't commit to that.
they are still fobbing off.

I’ve managed to get a credit for the Sheffield Wednesday game

Result
Thank you for contacting iFollow Support.
We are happy to provide you with a promotional code for the Sheffield Wednesday vs Oxford United fixture on 17/12/2022 due to the issues you experienced with the Accrington match

I got the Sheffield Wednesday code, had to wait a few days after the initial e Mail though.

I have just been offered a code to the Sheffield Wednesday game...

...despite previously, and serially explaining I'm an ex-pat and have already paid for the whole season in advance.

Doesn't particularly smack of the best customer service, does it..?

Back
Top Bottom