Home Match Day Thread 9/5/2021 L1 OUFC v Burton Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No
If us and Pompey draw and Charlton win they get into the playoffs. So in that scenario it does depend on Charlton
Yes
If we both draw then Charltons result is irrelevant to us - we won’t be in the playoffs. They can win, lose or draw, we won’t be in them. That’s why I said irrelevant to us.

These are the games one would hope that the players need no motivation to play in , it’s another cup final in someone ways ,90
minutes of non stop effort and play to their maximum abilities should do it , but it’s football and it’s our team so who knows, if it’s a positive result we’ll that’s great, if not we’ll done on getting close enough to be on with a chance, and please start the season strong this time!

Just saw on FB that there's a possibility that if the Champions League final gets moved to England, IMO that would be commonsense, then the playoff finals may be moved from Wembley so the Champions League final can take place there.

Team is go with today 4-4-2 diamond
Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson ruffles
Brannigan
Henry Sykes
Barker
Taylor agyei
go for the kill surprise them and attack with pace no point messing about today only one way to play and that’s attack attack attack

Just saw on FB that there's a possibility that if the Champions League final gets moved to England, IMO that would be commonsense, then the playoff finals may be moved from Wembley so the Champions League final can take place there.
f**k the EFL, if that was the FA Cup it would never happen.

Can't see the CL final moving.

If they moved it from Wembley they could play it at the new Spurs stadium at least that way when we will and get promoted we can celebrate with the players on the pitch

You have to look at the commonsense approach, which is generally sadly lacking the higher up the food chain of authority you go. Its not like the UEFA bigwigs and sponsors should be going to Turkey, unless they've spoken to BoJo and his chums who think the rules don't apply to them

Team is go with today 4-4-2 diamond
Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson ruffles
Brannigan
Henry Sykes
Barker
Taylor agyei
go for the kill surprise them and attack with pace no point messing about today only one way to play and that’s attack attack attack
If Karl Robinson changes our formation for the last game of the season and we lose, imagine the uproar on here 😅

Kip would choke on his KFC

JFH has done a great job at Burton. They were marooned when we played them start of the year.

A super Sunday spectacular 4-0 at half time no worries....nurse nurse more tablets required .

I just had the craziest heart breaking dream.
Pompey were winning 5-0 at half time. We are winning our game 4-1 at 88 minutes. I refresh the page and Accrington manage come all the way back to 5-5. Jubilations everywhere. Only to have it cut short by a Pompey 90+1 winner. I then run around the garden screaming Nooo Nooo Nooo!!!!

Please please please don't let it go that way football gods...
Dreams tend not to come true, hence why they’re dreams!!

The only scenario in which Charlton's result matters to us is if we're drawing and Pompey are losing. And without tempting fate, they're playing the league leaders, and are s**t at home. They blew their chance against Crewe last week.

I'm strangely not too nervous about this. I think the MacGuane news and some interesting/entertaining teams being guaranteed to be in the division next year, along with the fact that the ball isn't in our court anyway, have put me at peace with the idea we'll probably be in League One next year. Anything more would be a bonus.

It will be a shame not to have any more OUFC for a while though. There was a time a few months back, in the depths of wintery lockdown, when watching Oxford twice a week wasn't just the highlight of my week, it was pretty much the only thing I had to look forward to day to day. And I'm sure I'm not alone in that. Whether or not the players get us into the playoffs today, they've performed us a huge service in giving us something to engage with to break the monotony of COVID existence, and I for one am extremely grateful to them. A win and the playoffs would be the icing on the cake but, either way, I will be giving them a standing ovation from my living room come the final whistle.

COYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom