Current Player #8 Cameron Brannagan

Can anybody who attended The Cowley Workers lunchtime interview please relay to me the Cam Bran & Blackpool story ?

It's an interesting list but it's only Whoscored ratings. They are useful to an extent, but also flawed because there is a lot they don't capture. Brannagan makes that list but I think most would agree McGuane has been the better of the 2 over the course of the season so far.

It has Aimson as the best player in the league. This is the guy that gave us 2 penalties last weekend, got booked and also was very lucky not to get a card when he misjudged a fairly routine ball and ended up holding back Bodin.

Cameron Branagan has been immense these last few weeks, months, years.

Now that the team is so depleted, his work rate and all round input has been crucial to use keeping in the mix.

Where would we be without him?

Player of the season for me so far.

(Hope I haven't just cursed him!!)

I thought as a side we went into a different gear when Branagan dropped alongside McGuane after JM was subbed off.

He was doing an adequate job for the team higher up but we are a completely different side when he is at the heart of it, and he began to run the game.

Cameron Branagan has been immense these last few weeks, months, years.

Now that the team is so depleted, his work rate and all round input has been crucial to use keeping in the mix.

Where would we be without him?

Player of the season for me so far.

(Hope I haven't just cursed him!!)
He’s a man possessed at the moment. Absolutely everywhere on the field. Personally felt he was a bit nerfed under Manning, playing with far too much restriction. He’s been a different player under Des even in games we’ve lost. He’s back to running things a bit more, getting around the park more and hitting the longer passes he’s so good at. He’s on a huge contract but it’s hard to argue he isn’t earning it right now. Right back to his best I’d say.

He’s a man possessed at the moment. Absolutely everywhere on the field. Personally felt he was a bit nerfed under Manning, playing with far too much restriction. He’s been a different player under Des even in games we’ve lost. He’s back to running things a bit more, getting around the park more and hitting the longer passes he’s so good at. He’s on a huge contract but it’s hard to argue he isn’t earning it right now. Right back to his best I’d say.
Yeah it's scary to think where we would be in many games without him. Even if we got a good fee for him it would be near impossible to find someone who does all the classic midfield work alongside the goals he provides

Yeah it's scary to think where we would be in many games without him. Even if we got a good fee for him it would be near impossible to find someone who does all the classic midfield work alongside the goals he provides
Well money can buy you a player like that, maybe even better. But one that genuinely gives a toss about the club to the extent that he does and show that game in, game out? No money can buy that. I’ve said it before but particularly for the newer generation fan he’s a club legend.

I do wonder if *relative to the level at which we're playing at the time* he's our best ever midfielder.

I do wonder if *relative to the level at which we're playing at the time* he's our best ever midfielder.

There are far too many variables to establish "the best". For me, Trevor Hebbard is head and shoulders above any other midfielder I've seen, but he was a totally different player to Cam in a totally different era.

CB is up there for sure and he’s definitely our best midfielder of the Kassam Stadium era. The way he's brought in to making Oxfordshire is home also endears him to the fans and he’s one player who looks genuinely distraught when we lose a game, you can see the hurt in him runs deep. Never ever causes a fuss, never a negative headline, just a fabulous footballer who we’ve been blessed to have.

There are far too many variables to establish "the best". For me, Trevor Hebbard is head and shoulders above any other midfielder I've seen, but he was a totally different player to Cam in a totally different era.

Agree re Hebberd but I wouldn’t say he was massively different to CB in terms of type of player. Both high energy, love a tackle, great passing range, score goals etc. Hebberd probably more athletic and better in the air. Cam probably a scorer of the more spectacular goal.

CB is up there for sure and he’s definitely our best midfielder of the Kassam Stadium era. The way he's brought in to making Oxfordshire is home also endears him to the fans and he’s one player who looks genuinely distraught when we lose a game, you can see the hurt in him runs deep. Never ever causes a fuss, never a negative headline, just a fabulous footballer who we’ve been blessed to have.
Number one on the team sheet for me. His engine is ridiculous

I'm probably covering old ground here. And not adding anything new.

But, Cameron Brannagan is one hell of a footballer. Over this "festive period" every single game he has not only put in one hell of a shift, but his range of passing and the way he moves the ball is an absolute delight to watch.

In the dark days I dreamed of players like him. Absolutely everything you want, committed, skillful, passionate, great engine, great football brain.

Privilege to get to watch him.

How many players can you think of that have been so loyal to the club through their careers as Cam in recent times? Only Beano springs to mind. He could easily have taken a deal at a higher level club but has stuck with us throughout. It's been 6 years since he signed for us.

How many players can you think of that have been so loyal to the club through their careers as Cam in recent times? Only Beano springs to mind. He could easily have taken a deal at a higher level club but has stuck with us throughout. It's been 6 years since he signed for us.
Well I hope he’s here for at least 10 as I think there would be one hell of a testimonial.

Back
Top Bottom