Matches 3 10K Crowds in 8 days

That still happens? With the internet, do people all go shopping on the last Saturday before Christmas ( when a lot of people are probably off for a while now)?
Sounds like a better thing to do than go to a vital football match ?
not for me. i go in the 24 hour garage late xmas eve. can get some right bargains - tin of motor oil, air fresheners, road maps and wd40. sorted ?

About 450 short of the 10,000 at the moment.

Decent sales today and tomorrow and we'll do it. It's going to be tight though, especially if the weather puts off the walk up sales tomorrow!

not for me. i go in the 24 hour garage late xmas eve. can get some right bargains - tin of motor oil, air fresheners, road maps and wd40. sorted ?
Road maps, for you youngsters, are what you get when somebody prints Google Maps out onto a piece of paper 10 foot square, then gets the bloke who invented the Rubix Cube to fold it up so it fits in your glove box. Once opened, it's never going back to its original size...

Decent sales today and tomorrow and we'll do it. It's going to be tight though, especially if the weather puts off the walk up sales tomorrow!
Any idea of how many walk ups there are in a normal league game Colin?

Road maps, for you youngsters, are what you get when somebody prints Google Maps out onto a piece of paper 10 foot square, then gets the bloke who invented the Rubix Cube to fold it up so it fits in your glove box. Once opened, it's never going back to its original size...

....an end to map-folding misery with this breakthrough:

Readers-Digest-AA-New-Book-of-the-Road.jpg

Any idea of how many walk ups there are in a normal league game Colin?

It varies, and is not as many as it used to be due to online booking and print at home.

For a game like tomorrow, maybe 200/300 could be expected. It used to be several hundred more, in our Conference and League 2 days, but buying habits have changed. Add to that the fact that this game has been heavily promoted for some time, and it may well be that walk ups are less than I've estimated, as anyone who thought about going may have already bought a ticket? Against Shrewsbury recently it was a horrible day weather wise and as a consequence our walk ups were very very low. At the other end of the scale, there were times when we had approaching 1,000 walk ups in the Conference days.

Of course all I'm doing is chucking numbers at it as I don't know anything!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It varies, and is not as many as it used to be due to online booking and print at home.

For a game like tomorrow, maybe 200/300 could be expected. It used to be several hundred more, in our Conference and League 2 days, but buying habits have changed. Add to that the fact that this game has been heavily promoted for some time, and it may well be that walk ups are less than I've estimated, as anyone who thought about going may have already bought a ticket? Against Shrewsbury recently it was a horrible day weather wise and as a consequence our walk ups were very very low. At the other end of the scale, there were times when we had approaching 1,000 walk ups in the Conference days.

Of course all I'm doing is chucking numbers at it as I don't know anything!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

In a world/society where we apparently no longer trust, believe or want the views of ‘experts’, people could do a lot worse than look at people like Colin B and realise there is value in having someone who knows what they’re talking about in their field!

I wondered this too, I really really hope not, would be gutted if it was off. I think the rain is due to ease up a bit before then though.

Well the club emailed me at 11am today saying tickets are still available, so they don’t seem to be too worried at the moment!

That's assuming all season ticket holders turn up .
Anyone know how many normally don't?

Good sales over the last few hours, we're now within 200 of the 10,000 target. We may just do this!

To answer the perennial question, season ticket holders are counted in the figure given out by the club, whether they turn up or not, and that is 100% the case.

To answer the perennial question, season ticket holders are counted in the figure given out by the club, whether they turn up or not, and that is 100% the case.

Well that's one of the forum staples dead.

In a world/society where we apparently no longer trust, believe or want the views of ‘experts’, people could do a lot worse than look at people like Colin B and realise there is value in having someone who knows what they’re talking about in their field!
I agree, counting dots can be a laborious task.

Back
Top Bottom