Current Player #23 Josh Murphy

Great. You have stopped the countdown. I expect that many are relieved!
Ha! Of course. No one is saying this is a bad signing (Not even Kip). It's an expensive one and the expectations are turned up a notch. Let's hope for an exciting season.

Oh come on!
Paying out huge money to appease starved fan base. Please. What nonsense
Right I really am off. I'm going to enjoy this season in person rather than online.

Other people will understand the appeasing comment. It would be interesting if everyone on here was privy to certain information.

Over and out for good this time.

The highlights from above is quite a watch. If you’ve not seen it, get a beer, sit down and enjoy. It’s quite lengthy and filled with sheer class.

So just to move the conversation on from the 'I said this.....I said that.....' tedium......

......how do we expect that we're going to accommodate our new signings?

On paper, Browne, Murphy & Wildschut look like they should be a trio that's too good for this division, but they all prefer to play LW, don't they?

Will we be shifting one of them inside to play behind Matty T (maybe Browne?) and then shifting the other out to the right? If so, does Murphy have much of a track record of playing on that side?

This is not meant as a criticism at all - when players of this calibre want to play for you, you sign them up no question......just trying to work out how we're going to line up when all our new forward recruits are available......

Superb signing. Well done everyone involved in getting him here. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• React
Reactions: m
So just to move the conversation on from the 'I said this.....I said that.....' tedium......

On paper, Browne, Murphy & Wildschut look like they should be a trio that's too good for this division, but they all prefer to play LW, don't they?

Will we be shifting one of them inside to play behind Matty T (maybe Browne?) and then shifting the other out to the right? If so, does Murphy have much of a track record of playing on that side?

This is not meant as a criticism at all - when players of this calibre want to play for you, you sign them up no question......just trying to work out how we're going to line up when all our new forward recruits are available......
Having some subs who can impact the game in a positive manner will be nice..

Wildschut has also played on the right in the past. The 3 could interchange to keep the opposition players facing different challenges throughout the game.

Having had the traditional post-signing stalking session, I note that Josh was voted players' player of the season at MK Dons in 2015-16, when their manager was, of course, our very own fat James Corden.

Also, of course, Nick Harris will be breathing a sigh of relief over this one.

So I think Browne would absolutely be the one to go central. He played up top when we were short there a few years ago and did well I thought, he's surprisingly decent in the air and he also seems to enjoy the physical stuff and is happy to mix it up with the big CBs.

As for Wildschut and Murphy, they actually have extremely similar amounts of experience in terms of games played on the different sides.

Murphy:

Wildschut:

The table is Appearances - Goals - Assists, according to
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-murphy/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/199528
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yanic-wildschut/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/151189

Murphy would look to have a lot more end product, although these stats do include seasons of U21 PL games, Youth Cups etc.

Right I really am off. I'm going to enjoy this season in person rather than online.

Other people will understand the appeasing comment. It would be interesting if everyone on here was privy to certain information.

Over and out for good this time.

I think I'll also take a break for a few weeks.

Regardless of whether we disagree on this site, jumping down WY's throat every time he posts and driving him out because you don't like him isn't on. It's just mean spirited, and much more than certain others get, who are treated more like comic relief despite being more consistently negative.

I suppose the other question is - given the wealth of attacking options, will Robbo look to utilise one of these as back-up for Taylor or will there be a further attacking option?

Back
Top Bottom