Current Player #22 Greg Leigh

I was driving and the Mrs Bazzer tells me we’ve signed someone and all I said loan or permanent to which she replied you haven’t said who I said don’t need to one of the worst kept secrets well she said it’s permanent and that will do for me.
Just listened to his interview and I’m impressed.
Welcome to the club Greg.

Obviously seems a superb player technically, but I think an overlooked benefit here is that we now have a player with recent promotion experience. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any others in the squad (Thorniley maybe?) who have been involved in EFL promotion squads and know the standards, mindset and level required.

Could be an astonishingly astute signing both on and off the pitch.

Woo! Another one to add to the list.

My guy oozes charisma. 'Don't do that!' I think the most enjoyable signing interview I've ever seen. Already convinced this guy's a diamond.
Could not agree more, what a fantastic honest and human interview. Go on son.

If he works hard and give’s everything he’s got for the shirt then we can ask for no more.
Welcome Greg, I hope you enjoy your football here.

Every comment I've read from Ipswich fans have been nothing but praise. That is pretty much unheard of when a player leaves a club, normally you'll get a few fans trying to play it down.

Welcome Greg, hope you have an enjoyable and successful time with the Yellows.

I'm stupidly happy about watching us play with an actual left back on Saturday, despite Ciaron Brown's 120% committed displays

We went to Cheltenham and got a result last year with Seddon!

Welcome Greg, very excited to see what you can achieve at Oxford United 💛💙🇯🇲💛💙

Back
Top Bottom