Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Ipswich

Votes: 30 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leysboy

Ipswich this weekend, and if we play like we did in the first half at Fleetwood, then this could well be a thrashing. They will be far more clinical in front of goal, and I suspect that even if we played as well as we can, we’d probably still lose.

I fear for us this weekend.

Ipswich haven’t won in the league since Boxing Day.

They play 343 / 352 so I’d match up with them!

Eastwood
Long Moore Brown
Anderson Bate Brannagan Fleming
Joseph Taylor Goodrham

Subs: McGinty, Findlay, McGuane, Murphy, Wildschut, Bodin, O’Donkor​

Ipswich this weekend, and if we play like we did in the first half at Fleetwood, then this could well be a thrashing. They will be far more clinical in front of goal, and I suspect that even if we played as well as we can, we’d probably still lose.

I fear for us this weekend.
We have lost 2 in the past league 10 games.
Their away form isn't that great.
They drew at Lincoln and Pompey recently ( both below us in the league)
If we are under par and they play well we have a problem. But we are very capable of competing with the better teams ( Wednesdsy away recently)

We didn't have Lewis Bate on Boxing Day, and tried to play some bizarre version of our system that ended up in practise being a 4-2-4 and we got utterly overrun in midfield. Plus, Sam Long couldn't deal with Leif Davis at all. Although we mostly love Anderson for what he brings going forwards, I reckon he's much better equipped from a physical standpoint to deal with Davis marauding forwards.

As long as Bate, Brannagan and McGuane are all fit and firing, then we will give them much more of a game. I reckon one goal in it, and could go either way.

REF WATCH

Former SPL referee Bobby Madden is Saturday’s match official. The 43 year old Scot took charge of the U’s 2-1 home win over Burton
last September but has yet to officiate an Ipswich fixture. Madden resigned from the SPL last summer to take charge of EFL matches.

FfdyJmCXkAAQEoY

Time for a real performance and a win against a good team. Totally outplayed at Ipswich, we were torn apart down the right side .But it's another day ,the wingers have certainly got to put more into the defensive side as well. Murphy and Yanic if they show up fir an hour each it could different. Play God see if he can hold it up the top better and who knows it's a huge game for the club. Lose the next two and there won't be much point in spending big in the January window, then it will be a case of just staying up and saving funds for next season.

Another postponement looking possible going by the weather. 😐

Although the temperature is set to be rising on friday and saturday, the stands are likely to be akin to sitting in an industrial deep freeze for a couple of hours at the breeze block.
Our league form has been yo-yo ing more than a bit this campaign, ipswich battered us at their place not long back, nonetheless I reckon theres a home win on the cards this saturday, 2-1

Not expecting anything from this game. We were soundly beaten at their place on Boxing day. Our best bet is a 0:0 draw, which in the grand scheme of things would be a good result. Alas i cant see us keeping a clean sheet though, and there lies the problem.

I think 1-4 I think we will score first they have some Very good players for this league especially up front

My line up would be
Eastwood
Anderson long Moore brown Flemming
Brannagan
Bate maguane
Taylor O, Donkor

Definitely closer scoreline we have the players for a surprise scoreline. But Ipswich know they need a result after the Plymouth game. So they will be up for it which might give our wingers a bit of space so should be a cracking game

REF WATCH

Former SPL referee Bobby Madden is Saturday’s match official. The 43 year old Scot took charge of the U’s 2-1 home win over Burton
last September but has yet to officiate an Ipswich fixture. Madden resigned from the SPL last summer to take charge of EFL matches.

FfdyJmCXkAAQEoY
Think he had a nightmare in that game. Nothing new, we always get crap referees anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom