World Cup 2030 World Cup

I never thought I'd say this but I yearn for the days of Sepp Blatter. FIFA made stupid decisions under him but the ones under The Hood from Stingray Gianni Infantino take some beating.

What's wrong with 32 teams playing matches in one nation (or even a stretch, two nations - Japan/South Korea worked well, likewise Ned/Bel, Pol/Ukr, Aut/Swi in the Euros)? Why f**k with the greatest format for international football so much? I welcome Just Stop Oil going on the pitch for these games. FIFA's lip service sustainability is about as convincing as Ian Middelton's 'cautiously neutral' stance.

Even the Euros isn't a safe haven for keeping things scared. When 44% of those who attempted to qualify for the Euros in 2020 (2021) get through to the finals, there's little jeopardy and too little quality making the finals. 16 nations should be the max there.

They won't but at some point I want the FAs from the likes of Germany, France, England, Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina etc to stand up to FIFA and say 'no more'. No more ludicrous demands on travelling, hosting of WCs in unsuitable nations and messing with the format. Threaten a rebel WC if they have to. They won't though but FIFA hasn't been fit for purpose for years and it's about time someone had the balls to do something about it.

"In a divided world, Fifa and football are uniting," said Fifa president Gianni Infantino.

Adding, and I get 6x the bribes! What's not to love?

I had to check that the story wasn't published on The Daily Mash when I first saw the link.

England STILL wont be considered to host ( part of) the world cup even it it gets to be held in 10 or even 12 countries

Euros in 2028 though.

At least the Euros has the only mildly corrupt UEFA running it rather than the full blown cartel that is FIFA who operate the World Cup and that other shitty world club tournament B*****s that no one cares about.

Last edited:
FIFA seem to be in equal parts corrupt and inept. Russia then Qatar? They’re not even trying to hide it.

England have multiple huge and state of the art stadia, lots of hotel rooms, generally safe, good transport links and plenty of residents of every nation. Yet they seem determined not to even entertain us hosting it…

Any football fan should be sat down and made to watch the FIFA Uncovered documentary on Netflix. How the bribes were paid is astonishing stuff.

If you want commemorate the first ever World Cup happening in Uruguay/South America 100 years previously then why not just hold a 32 team tournament in Uruguay/South America in 2030, let Uruguay have the opening match and final and the other smaller South American nations host some other games? Then Spain, Portugal and Morocco can have a go in 2034?

England are never getting another World Cup, the people who were at FIFA under Blatter and who are now running the show are no less corrupt than he was, maybe more so.

I never thought I'd say this but I yearn for the days of Sepp Blatter. FIFA made stupid decisions under him but the ones under The Hood from Stingray Gianni Infantino take some beating.
Thunderbirds, dear boy, Thunderbirds.

Thunderbirds, dear boy, Thunderbirds.

Of course. King Titan was the main villain in Stingray.

FIFA give all this lip service to how it's a global game, and the importance of African football......

.....and then Morocco will probably get about five games, twenty years after the only African World Cup, and that'll be it for the continent for another twenty years. Meanwhile they'll go back to the Gulf for the second time in a dozen years because they're got the deepest pockets and the biggest brown envelopes.

Can only hope that Australia and New Zealand come together for a 2034 bid, and that as many countries as possible that care about human rights will coalesce around it.

FIFA give all this lip service to how it's a global game, and the importance of African football......

.....and then Morocco will probably get about five games, twenty years after the only African World Cup, and that'll be it for the continent for another twenty years. Meanwhile they'll go back to the Gulf for the second time in a dozen years because they're got the deepest pockets and the biggest brown envelopes.

Can only hope that Australia and New Zealand come together for a 2034 bid, and that as many countries as possible that care about human rights will coalesce around it.
England should’ve been given the 2018 tournament and Australia should’ve been given 2022. That neither of these things happened let alone both was beyond a joke. I struggle to take anything FIFA does seriously as a result, but somehow it consistently finds new and interesting ways to surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom