Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
KR not doing the interviews says it all

He must be frustrated because we keep missing out on players we were in for.
He knows he will get asked about players and won’t have answers ,my bet is the latest Finlay shambles and Morton now playing so well that we may not get him may be a tipping point

Wouldn't be surprised to see him walk
I think it's more that negotiations for players are further advanced than we know
He possibly doesn't want to be asked about things that are at a delicate stage and wants to keep his powder dry until everything is finalised

Sorry folks but I've deleted a post and subsequent quotes as the post could be seen as slanderous by KR or the club.
We are on good terms with them and wish to stay so.
I hope these posts being removed don't hinder our capability to reach 600 pages with Brown our only signing.

Or - he's been turned down - again?

Or he doesn't have as good of contacts as some other managers/DOF's in this league? Have we also considered players might not want to play under him, after all we were getting pretty annoyed last season of how one dimensional we were and also the lack of tactical knowledge of our manager cost us at times. Obviously we are proven at developing young players or players no one has ever heard of but we have no record of bringing in a proven player and taking them to next level. (Twine at MK for instance)

KR not doing the interviews says it all

He must be frustrated because we keep missing out on players we were in for.
He knows he will get asked about players and won’t have answers ,my bet is the latest Finlay shambles and Morton now playing so well that we may not get him may be a tipping point

Wouldn't be surprised to see him walk

I have to agree that I think, right now, he’d be very tempted by another decent L1 project - not to mention anything at Championship level or SPL. Something is clearly amiss and his silence his deafening. He doesn’t have the answers, there’s no other reason he wouldn’t be speaking.

If you’re going to walk as a manager, now is the time to do it. You’ll get two or three months off before the sacking season starts around October/November and you’ll be sat there in prime position. He’d get a decent job.

Anyway, what was your first car?

Well I was going to buy something with excellent MPG and the latest safety features but KR insisted we buy a convertible with the quickest 0-60 we could find.

It broke down the first time out. And was then written off when something with roll-bars and excellent MPG rear-ended it.

I have to agree that I think, right now, he’d be very tempted by another decent L1 project - not to mention anything at Championship level or SPL. Something is clearly amiss and his silence his deafening. He doesn’t have the answers, there’s no other reason he wouldn’t be speaking.

If you’re going to walk as a manager, now is the time to do it. You’ll get two or three months off before the sacking season starts around October/November and you’ll be sat there in prime position. He’d get a decent job.
I dont know. From what Ive seen before hes not backwards in coming forward when it comes to pointing out something isnt his fault. I cant see him keeping tight lipped if someone or something else was to blame.

Hes either keeping quiet because hes avoiding awkward questions about whats happening as he doesnt have the answers or, fingers crossed, negotiations are at a delicate stage with targets.

I can't believe it's come down to signing 2 extremely unfit and injury prone players and still in limbo about another which all in all will likely fall through. Unless we have some backup plans in the loan market in the next two weeks, this could be the worst window imaginable and a season write-off.

Either we've missed out on a string of targets with real no back-up options or we have very little in the way of a budget this year. It's not very encouraging whichever way you look at it.

Doubt it.
If Bakri has said he wants promotion within a coupe of years, I doubt if his patience will hold out.
If we get an 18k all seater stadium with facilities for everyone fans, the locals and wider areas of the public..will they want L1 football with an average 8-9k crowd, somehow I don’t think so.

robinson himself said he had a healthy budget to work with. So Brentford, Rotherham, Wycombe, Peterborough and countless others had the biggest budgets their league when they went up?

robinson himself said he had a healthy budget to work with. So Brentford, Rotherham, Wycombe, Peterborough and countless others had the biggest budgets their league when they went up?
Try reading the sentence you highlighted again. TO EXPECT PROMOTION. Whose knows if these clubs expected promotion like you do.

I can't believe it's come down to signing 2 extremely unfit and injury prone players and still in limbo about another which all in all will likely fall through. Unless we have some backup plans in the loan market in the next two weeks, this could be the worst window imaginable and a season write-off.

Either we've missed out on a string of targets with real no back-up options or we have very little in the way of a budget this year. It's not very encouraging whichever way you look at it.
Here's a piece of simple wisdom. You don't know, what you don't know.

It’s not a case of him not having the backing though? Why would you walk when you’re failing to spend a decent budget?

As i'm tired and bored of reading this now, i just wanted to check something.

If a Manager pisses the budget up the wall on 3rd rate players and Journeymen will that make some posters happy.

As someone who has beaten the drum for many a season advocating trying to keep a nucleous of your squad together with the odd tinker here and there, we still have some very talented players here and we will get additions. Many fans are writing us off, or more to the point wetting the bed on other clubs business when logic tells us the likes of Wednesday, Ipswich etc will always be capable of blowing us out of the water on pay etc.

Many are hung up on the words of our Owner re promotion, it is one thing saying it (though i do think words have been taken out of context) but you cannot just flick a switch and hey presto this is suddenly your season and i'm amazed some fans seem to think it is, football just does not work like that.

When Karl informs clubs are paying 10-15k per week, fans say well surely we're not trying to get them why are we wasting our time etc, then we have the let's get the premier kids here again conveniently forgetting that this guys are already on stupid money and the right deal for all parties has to be agreed. When we are linked with some talent from those in the top flight, once again some fans are still unhappy so perhaps we do deserve those 3rd rate players and journeymen after all.

We can go get those players so many crave but don't expect to have a club left to support, is that what some of you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom