Matches 1st ST Ballot

Seems fair to me. The most loyal supporters willing to pay the most to watch their team get priority.

OUFC isn’t a charity. Pay more and you’ll get more.... peasants.
I said this in the original thread about the allocation of tickets for the Hull game: people buying those more expensive season tickets are paying more money, in normal circumstances, for a superior product. You're paying more money for the best view in the house, superior facilities and a car park space (it sounds like - I wasn't aware of that until this thread). It's not like you're paying more money just to demonstrate how loyal you are to the club.

No manner of allocation is really 'fair', as someone is going to lose out whatever you do, but I feel like priority being given to people who have had season tickets the longest would have been the best PR move for the club. As someone who only got their first season ticket this summer, I certainly wouldn't object to people who have held theirs for years getting priority - it would represent an acknowledgement and reward for a long-term demonstration of commitment to the club, rather than an ability to pay for the best seats.

Not really fussed either way though. It's not worth having a go at the club about. So long as there's a ballot I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best.

The more I think about the club admitting Manor club members to all three games the more it
feels like a kick in the teeth to the rest of us. I bought a season ticket and waived my refund all whilst being let go from work.

Money was tight but I wanted my football club to still be here when the world got back to normal, does this make me a better fan than others.. Of course it doesn't. So why are Manor club members being prioritised when we all knew we might not see a game this season? They also bought their tickets knowing the same as us, or at least I hope they hadn't already been told when renewing that they'd be at every game.

Good luck to anyone in the ballot and hopefully we will all be back in greater numbers soon!

Shirley it should be based on how long you’ve had a ST us older fans should have priority not these glory hunting youth reduced price ST holders 😉, under 18, child prices what’s that all about , loyalty must have it’s rewards 😳😉😉
Absolutely. Bought my first ST in 1971 so I expect the glory hunting youth to carry me in to the ground on a bier.

Seems fair to me. The most loyal supporters willing to pay the most to watch their team get priority.

OUFC isn’t a charity. Pay more and you’ll get more.... peasants.
What a load of B*****s no they’re not a charity they’re family run club, non one should get preferential treatment or should be fare across the whole spectrum. I’m loyal I have been for 52 years I bet I’m more loyal than some of those who want prawn sandwiches rather than a steak and kidney pie.
Next you will he saying they should also get food, beforehand at half time and after the match.

1893 members are only season ticket holders who pay premium for a parking space, a very good seat and hospitality at half time and after tge game. Why should this entitle them to see every game? This is very unfair on average sth who will be lucky to see 2 of these 3 games.
I hope the club come out and justify this.
1893 season ticket holders do not get a parking space per se. Two ticket holders together might, get a space, if one is available. It is not a given. The seats are in the first three rows of the SSU (they are not upholstered, as some would believe) The "hospitality" is limited to a cup of tea or coffee and a biscuit (if you are lucky) The "lounge" (it is in fact the larger conference room) is available to 1893 season ticket holders and corporate clients and guests of the club before the match, at half time and after the match. It is not exclusive to 1893 ticket holders.
The cost of all this is a lot more than other seats. Two tickets this season cost £1150.00 and that, due to Covid-19, is a reduced price as the bar and lounge have all been closed. The car park spaces have not been allocated this season.

1893 season ticket holders do not get a parking space per se. Two ticket holders together might, get a space, if one is available. It is not a given. The seats are in the first three rows of the SSU (they are not upholstered, as some would believe) The "hospitality" is limited to a cup of tea or coffee and a biscuit (if you are lucky) The "lounge" (it is in fact the larger conference room) is available to 1893 season ticket holders and corporate clients and guests of the club before the match, at half time and after the match. It is not exclusive to 1893 ticket holders.
The cost of all this is a lot more than other seats. Two tickets this season cost £1150.00 and that, due to Covid-19, is a reduced price as the bar and lounge have all been closed. The car park spaces have not been allocated this season.

I'd be really interested to know if it was mentioned when renewing that this would also mean entry to all games once fans had been allowed back in. We all paid money not knowing if we'd see a game this year and I hope the club didn't prioritise 1893 season ticket holders right from the beginning of the renewals and not think to mention it.

I'd be really interested to know if it was mentioned when renewing that this would also mean entry to all games once fans had been allowed back in. We all paid money not knowing if we'd see a game this year and I hope the club didn't prioritise 1893 season ticket holders right from the beginning of the renewals and not think to mention it.
No, there was no mention of any guarantee of entry. We were told exactly what everyone else was told. The only concession was in the pricing. We were given a slightly lower price on the basis that the bars, lounges and corporate areas would be closed. If they were to re-open, then we would be expected to make a pro-rata payment for any games we attended. We have also been informed that our allocated seats are not guaranteed, we could be seated anywhere in the SSU.

I get that the Manor Club lot pay a premium, but equally I know of someone who was furloughed throughout the summer and had to scrimp and save in order to get season tickets for him, his wife and their two kids. They might have paid less but their sacrifice has been huge.

It's difficult to get everything right, and there would always be someone who misses out, but I think this has been a large mistake and one that could have been avoided.
You know nothing of our financial position or that of other 1893 club members and yet, you have the audacity to take up the moral high ground because it suits your standing on this forum.
I would say to you that equally, anyone who has not had to "scrimp and save in order to get season tickets" does also, not qualify to attend. How does that sit with your morals?

Starting by accepting the premise that you're going to P**s off a lot of loyal supporters as there's simply not enough to go around:

If ST holders get priority over non-ST holders by virtue of the fact that they've made a commitment, why shouldn't those who have made the largest commitments get the highest priority?

No, there was no mention of any guarantee of entry. We were told exactly what everyone else was told. The only concession was in the pricing. We were given a slightly lower price on the basis that the bars, lounges and corporate areas would be closed. If they were to re-open, then we would be expected to make a pro-rata payment for any games we attended. We have also been informed that our allocated seats are not guaranteed, we could be seated anywhere in the SSU.
Thank you for replying to my question. I hope you enjoy the games, I'm pleased for any fan who gets a ticket. I just wish the club had been a little more honest when announcing the ticketing allocations.

You know nothing of our financial position or that of other 1893 club members and yet, you have the audacity to take up the moral high ground because it suits your standing on this forum.
I would say to you that equally, anyone who has not had to "scrimp and save in order to get season tickets" does also, not qualify to attend. How does that sit with your morals?

Christ, you are a little precious aren't you! I simply feel that EVERYONE deserves equal access to tickets regardless of how much the tickets cost. You obviously think differently, but I would suggest that it's not my morals that are in question.

Notice that the Q&A piece for the ballot suggests that this first 3 game approach is a trial.

If that was planned anyway (and not an edit since the NMcW radio appearance) then surely there's no way they can continue with the same process after these 3 have been played?!

Christ, you are a little precious aren't you! I simply feel that EVERYONE deserves equal access to tickets regardless of how much the tickets cost. You obviously think differently, but I would suggest that it's not my morals that are in question.
Nothing wrong with my morals, thanks for asking.

Why don't you take up your grievance with the club? They took the decision after all.

Starting by accepting the premise that you're going to P**s off a lot of loyal supporters as there's simply not enough to go around:

If ST holders get priority over non-ST holders by virtue of the fact that they've made a commitment, why shouldn't those who have made the largest commitments get the highest priority?
Should SSU season ticket holders get priority over those in the East Stand? After all, they’ve paid more money. The 1893 Club paid £164 more than a SSU STH in the central blocks, so the delta between the SSU and ES is similar.

My ire isn’t at those lucky enough to benefit from this policy but the club have chosen to draw the line where one wasn’t required. A very poor decision by the club, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom