Matches 1st ST Ballot

Can`t see what all the fuss is about. Some folk (owners, employee`s, sponsors etc) have been able to "get in" even for closed games.
Now the tap is being turned on then start at the top of the ST holder pile and work down.
If an 1893 bod gets first dibs then fair enough.

These are unchartered waters we are in and hiccups will happen.

Chill, crack a beer and watch it on iFollow.
I think a lot of fans are stuck without their football fix, can't go to the pub, working from home, or stuck at home with nothing better to do than froth at the mouth about some perceived injustice that any other time they'd let go.

I think a lot of fans are stuck without their football fix, can't go to the pub, working from home, or stuck at home with nothing better to do than froth at the mouth about some perceived injustice that any other time they'd let go.

Yeah it’s worse than the blitz isn’t it

The worst part of it all.
Can`t even get away with a Scotch egg and a pint up here!

So assuming 4500 sth x 60% = 2700 people to accomodate my rough calculations show that everyone will get to see.. 2 games and approximately 500 people will get all 3.

So pay more so your guaranteed a ticket for every home match? Sorry but 4,500 st holders won’t accept that. I choose to sit in the e Eaststand have always been behind the goal whether the Manor or the Kassam and an ST holder for more years than I can remember, so no I don’t accept the fact they’ve paid more for a position with a decent view a cuppa and something to eat, it’s their choice.

edit: Also the f you get a ticket for a game you can’t attend the club said that if you tell the ticket office they will do what they can to help which is decent but if all the tickets have been issued let’s say Joe Bloggs and his bubble of have Northampton and Doncaster but say they can’t make Doncaster so can try ey have Boxing Day against the real sons instead...how will the club sort that? With a phone call “ hello is that Bill Blogs, sorry we’re going to have to move your Boxing Day ticket to the Doncaster game”....... best of luck with that.

Turn up for the books had a pure Mrs had a phone call from the club at 1.20pm and said there are three tickets that have come available so no hesitation and sat in the North stand for the first time

Honestly I do understand your frustration Bazzer given you've probably been to more games than some have had hot dinners, but as we approach the end of this sh*tty year I do think we ought to cut the club a bit of slack. There is no perfect solution and with the Covid restrictions it is simply impossible for them to please all of the people all of the time. I am not saying mistakes haven't been made, or that the club's communication could have been a lot better around certain things. It absolutely could have. But last Saturday, after you initially missed out on a Hull ticket, your wife received a call from the club saying tickets had become available and you were able to attend. There were others who had missed out who were not so lucky to get that phone call. I guess I'm just saying we all need to try and have a bit more patience, and appreciate the club is trying to do its best. The last thing we need right now is infighting because ultimately, we are all on here because of a mutual love of Oxford United.

It's not the fault of the 1893 members.
Blame the club, not any ST holder.
All ST holders should be treated the same. All the club has managed to do is create a divide.
One one hand I understand the desire to keep the corporates happy but that is only one side of the argument

My issue is that had that question not been asked on the Fans Forum yesterday would the club have ever told the rest of its fan base that this was their plan ? I suspect not and they got rumbled

A chap sat behind me on Tuesday was saying to people around him that the club had told him he would get tickets for all 3 games, now we know why

All I ask is for transparency, if this is part of the allocation process then just tell everyone, they may not like it but at least the club are not trying to hide it

There will be a good few of us in Tier 3 and others choosing their health over sitting at the Wind Tunnel.
And quite a few who live over 20 miles away who think - it's cold, there won't be a great atmosphere, I can't see my friends in the pub or sit with them in the ground and I can watch it for free at home - I'll stay put

Just got email from club. We’ve got Northampton tickets. Miss out on Boxing Day ☹️ And nothing for Third game

60% is a lower application rate than I'd have expected.
I suspect that many people are ruled out because of health concerns or because they live in a Tier 3 area.

Others (including me - although I am also asthmatic) probably didn't apply because they want to see their older relatives over Christmas and the idea of infecting them by taking even a small risk by going to watch football is awful.

Just got email from club. We’ve got Northampton tickets. Miss out on Boxing Day ☹️ And nothing for Third game

Npton for me also.

That'll teach me to get excited about my odds of Boxing Day increasing after reading your post.

Npton for me also.

That'll teach me to get excited about my odds of Boxing Day increasing after reading your post.

Aren't the results of each game getting released separately anyway or am I wrong and it tells you specifically that you haven't got those tickets?

I should say I haven't entered the ballot as I won't go until at least getting vaccinated so don't actually know.

Back
Top Bottom