Current Player #16 Tyler Burey

Complete mystery why Burey wasn’t starting, never mind not on the bench. If he watched that last night he must be wondering where the hell is career is at if he can’t make that 18.

Forget the bench. Why didn’t he start instead of playing a LB on the left wing?
Got to admit, I agree with this. I suppose Des may have thought that he needs to add more experience in defence with Moore missing but I would still have gone with Burey to pin them back.

As for his attitude, I think I'm right in saying that the lovely Millwall fans gave him racist abuse which he understandably reacted to. When I see him interviewed he actually seems quite humble

Complete mystery why Burey wasn’t starting, never mind not on the bench. If he watched that last night he must be wondering where the hell is career is at if he can’t make that 18.
Probably in the treatment room with the others

Probably in the treatment room with the others
Burey was/is fit, & is likely to be in contention for the squad V Orient...according to DB in his post match RadOx interview last night

I thought Leigh, Murphy and Dale all did well. One scored and the other created the other goal.

I like Burey but I don't think we can necessarily say he would have done better,
I didn't watch the game but I thought that I read that Dale might have been partly at fault for one of the goals but I might have imagined in.

You're right though it's squads that win promotion not the first 11.

I think Burey should be making the bench - unless he is massively underperforming in training, and this doesn't seem to be the case. I'd argue that, if this means he should displace a winger, he should displace Goodrham - he's been generally ineffective in the past couple of games, and Murphy, Dale and Leigh all deserve their places in the squad more based on recent evidence.

I thought I'd read somewhere he didn't impress at Blackpool and I subsequently wondered if there had been some sort of disagreement behind the scenes, as, based on his other appearances so far I could not understand why he was not at least making the bench.

I think Burey should be making the bench - unless he is massively underperforming in training, and this doesn't seem to be the case. I'd argue that, if this means he should displace a winger, he should displace Goodrham - he's been generally ineffective in the past couple of games, and Murphy, Dale and Leigh all deserve their places in the squad more based on recent evidence.
I love seeing Tyler coming in off the bench for the last 30 minutes and doing his cut in thing. It terrifies defenders. How long he'd put up with being on the bench I dont know as he is such a talent

Tyler Goodrham who single handly turned the Wigan game around last week, and who added a bit of spark into the final 25 mins last night?

So far Burey looks rapid, but needs to show he can produce a bit of end product, whether that be goals, assists or just getting decent balls into decent areas. Without sounding too negative, I can't recall him really doing anything so far in his limited game time at the club.

It's a nice place to be ,having him on the bench would be good

Always find speculation around why a certain player isn’t in the squad when another is a bit odd. There could be loads of reasons. He could have asked for day off to attend his nans birthday, his mrs might be ill and he needs to look after the kids. He might have a slight injury that is fine to play with but that the medical team feel a rest is better for him. He may have fallen out with olly the ox, or accidentally left his boots at home.
Ultimately it doesn’t matter and we keep asking for a larger squad so that we rotate it and when the manager rotates that bigger squad we question why he did.

Always find speculation around why a certain player isn’t in the squad when another is a bit odd. There could be loads of reasons. He could have asked for day off to attend his nans birthday, his mrs might be ill and he needs to look after the kids. He might have a slight injury that is fine to play with but that the medical team feel a rest is better for him. He may have fallen out with olly the ox, or accidentally left his boots at home.
Ultimately it doesn’t matter and we keep asking for a larger squad so that we rotate it and when the manager rotates that bigger squad we question why he did.
Dale and Murphy both did well on Tuesday and Goodrham usually does.
I can't see us having more than 2 wingers on the bench, so it is hardly surprising that Burey isn't in yet.
I am sure that he will get a chance and then let's see

Getting our revenge for him rejecting us in summer.

If people want him on the bench, I'm not sure who he's meant to replace out of Eastwood/Thorniley/Matete/McEachran/Goodrham/Dale/Goodwin - and that's without Moore/Stevens/McGuane too. I think its quite nice to have some depth and competition for places for a change.

Back
Top Bottom