Current Player #13 Simon Eastwood

The stats in which KR used to justify getting rid of Stevens are the same stats in which Eastwood is doing poorly in. That’s factual.

So the criticism is justified.
And we all know stats can be skewed to suit whatever argument you're trying to get across, what's this got to do with Stevens as my comment was about Eastwood getting unfair criticism?

And we all know stats can be skewed to suit whatever argument you're trying to get across, what's this got to do with Stevens as my comment was about Eastwood getting unfair criticism?

Stevens was let go due his poor stats last season.

Eastwoods stats are worse this season measured by the same stats.

So his stick is justified. Just like Stevens was.

Karl lists them in his radio Oxford interview when Stevens left.

The same stats are the ones posted on here recently regarding Eastwood be so low down stats wise this season.

Surely you’ve seen them?

No, please share.

Great post, in my opinion has been unfairly criticised this season.

No-one has said "Eastwood has big ears and smells of p*ss".

They have, quite rightly, pointed out that statistically he is (once again) among the poorest performing Keepers at this level. The stats have been shared and explained on this forum multiple times.

I know his fanboys hate it, but it's true - no matter how much they stick their fingers in their ears.

We’ve conceded the same number as Ipswich and scored fewer than Burton !
The problem hasn’t been the goalie.
Eastwood hasn’t been great this season but seems to have been better in the last couple of games along with the rest of the team. It’s a collective effort.

Still his greatest moment for OUFC.

f03a7c0ba7ac1a5e48d5d23b0ca1e1c2.jpg

He keeps us in some games, he loses us points in others.

He’s an okey ‘keeper at this level but would anyone looking at promotion be wanting him? No chance. We need better but we’ve settled for average again.

That extends to a lot of this team. Their ceiling is no higher than League 1.

He keeps us in some games, he loses us points in others.

He’s an okey ‘keeper at this level but would anyone looking at promotion be wanting him? No chance. We need better but we’ve settled for average again.

That extends to a lot of this team. Their ceiling is no higher than League 1.
Agree he's not someone to get us promoted but he is nowhere near our weakest link, we are poor all over

That kind of sums him up in a nutshell. He makes some really really good saves, there was one tonight and that blinder against Charlton.

Then he'll flap at a cross or concede something he should be saving with ease, and for the points he earns us he loses some too.

He's an average League One goalkeeper, the stats back that up too. It's not bashing him, he'd be a great keeper for a team aspiring to stay in League One, I don't think that's what we should be settling for though...

Back
Top Bottom