Home Match Day Thread 13/04/2024: L1: OUFC v Peterborough

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My goodness. I was NOT expecting anything like this, particularly with Moore and Cam out....but what a brilliant half of football. Should have been 5-0, or maybe 5-1. Just brilliant.

JUST keep a clean sheet now--I won't complain about no more goals.

Sensational stuff. Best 45 minutes all season. Can't believe the turnaround in the last few weeks. Keep the pressure on, and we'll get 4 or 5. They can't cope with our pace. I had no idea McEachren could play like this.

Never been so grateful to see that my pre-match pessimism was completely misplaced.

As good as we've been all season. Wow.

Yes one lucky escape with the shot from four yards off the crossbar, but everything else just spot on.

🫡 super first half.

Dale miss is a stinker but cancels out Jade-Jones’ miss. Hard to argue that isn’t a fair scoreline.

Played well to a man. Suspect we might see Clarke-Harris at half time so a different game in prospect ahead.

delighted with what I’ve just watched.

Best half of the season by some distance. Like we did to Bolton, so Boro are doing to us, namely getting rid of presents like Santa Claus on crack.
Could have been far more as well.
Outstanding from front to back.

I know they've got nothing to lose now but I think Ferguson would be mad to leave their right back on against Murphy with a yellow card against him already.

Errrr......blimey.

Who needs Cam & Moore!

Everyone was great that 45 minutes, but McEachran & Tyler have been sensational in the middle, and Murphy in this form is way, way too good for the RHS of Posh's defense.

Still don't think I'll relax unless we get a 4th because they clearly are excellent going forwards!

What an incredible half of football

We've needed a bit of luck but my god did we create our own luck, brilliant pressing for the first two and then Murphy just relentless for the third.

Who thought this would be the score at HT???

We need to finish them off early on second half and the game's ours.

Up the bloody Ox!

I think that performance by Murphy might be the best 45 minutes I’ve EVER seen by an Oxford player. Not only did he win the penalty, score the second and set up the third, he should have had another assist for Dale’s horror miss and has put a couple of other chances on as well. He’s been absolutely unplayable
Did you ever see that performance by Emiliano Diaz.......

I think that performance by Murphy might be the best 45 minutes I’ve EVER seen by an Oxford player. Not only did he win the penalty, score the second and set up the third, he should have had another assist for Dale’s horror miss and has put a couple of other chances on as well. He’s been absolutely unplayable
Was there a midnight swap for Jacob? Us thinking we had the wrong brother -no seriously he's been brilliant👏

Some 45 minutes that, some outstanding performances so far.
Stephens has coped so far, but we need to shutoff him being overloaded.
Hope we don’t come out and just sit back. 45 minutes now of real determination and a repeat of our attacking there at

Back
Top Bottom