Ref Watch 13/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Wigan Athletic - Jeremy Simpson

How was todays ref?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I admire anyone who could be so poor for 90 minutes, he must work so hard to be that bad , not quite the worst , but heading in that direction

Very poor just to card happy 7 yellows in total half way through just waiting for a red that was the way that was going it's a 1 from me

It’s amazing that the second half was so entertaining as he seemed to be on a one man mission to ruin the game. It was so stop-start, random awarding of free-kicks and equally random issuing of yellow cards.
He gets two from me because we won and I’m in a forgiving mood.

Very irritating generally. There was one bad habit I noticed. He made a big fuss of precisely where the ball should have taken from for a free kick in the first half, marking the spot with a blob of foam. Then he turned his back and marked the position for the wall. At no time did he look back to Branagan who moved the ball to a slightly better position before taking the kick. Wigan noticed this and did exactly the the same in the second half.

Blob of foam for afree kick but a throw in could be taken up to 20 yards from where the ball left play.

If a player stayed in their feet despite being fouled, being obstructed or in a bear hug, then it wasn't a foul.
If a player fell over, no matter what had actually happened, then it was a foul.
Was desperate for throw-ins to be taken from the relatively accurate place, but not bothered about where free kicks were taken.
Didn't know what 10 yards looked like.

I don't think he was the absolute worst we've had recently though - which is saying something in itself!

Matete was fouled in the second half and it should've been a yellow card. The ref didn't give one to the Wigan player so I downgraded him to a -10. But then he did let us take the free kick further up the pitch and then we scored, so I gave him a +20 for that, resulting in a score of 10 overall for me.

Back
Top Bottom