Away Match Day Thread +++ 12/11/2019 Crawley Town V OUFC Leasing.com football league trophy +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that I said he could get recalled by Bradford which I hope he does so the scum may not be in contention for promotion at the end of the season but he could play for Bradford again to pull away from the scum

I know that I said he could get recalled by Bradford which I hope he does so the scum may not be in contention for promotion at the end of the season but he could play for Bradford again to pull away from the scum

what’s that got to do with us though? I’m lost.

First game of the season for me (live down in Brighton, so 30 min drive to the game).

Nice to get 4, though I would have preferred if at least 2 had been from open play. Good on Hally getting his hat-trick - he looked pretty determined to get that, Agyei looked a bit deflated when he took the ball off of him for the last penno.

Zamouri looked like he’s got something exciting in him, will have to see whether he can replicate against better opposition. Berkoe seemed to handle the game well, and Nico played a couple of lovely cross-field passes in the first half - he will get better, especially when he bulks up a bit.

Really enjoyed Taylor Goodrham’s energy when he came on. Some good runs, and nice touch too - we might have something there!

Was odd seeing Forde start at RB, and then for Long to play in front of Sykes in the 2nd half, but it worked out alright in what was effectively a pointless match.

Not knocking him at all and I know they all count, but I wonder if that hattrick for Rob Hall is in running for the worst ever scored in English professional football?

A dead rubber game in a pointless competition, in front of three men and a dog in Crawley.
And it's two pens and a dribbler straight through the goalkeeper......

Robinson seems to have given himself five days off which is deserved.

He says he is going to watch Salford v Swindon and plans to look at striker(s).
Adam Rooney is on Salford’s books. Has over 200 career goals.

He will spend the rest of the weekend with his Mum and Dad in Liverpool.

Faz and others will be taking in games. Looking at recruiting players.

Robinson seems to have given himself five days off which is deserved.

He says he is going to watch Salford v Swindon and plans to look at striker(s).
Adam Rooney is on Salford’s books. Has over 200 career goals.

He will spend the rest of the weekend with his Mum and Dad in Liverpool.

Faz and others will be taking in games. Looking at recruiting players.
Would live to think the players might have got a week in the Canaries as a well earned break with Chris Short in charge of keeping the players fit and active

Sounds as if we are playing pretty well.
Is that Kinninburgh the summariser? He is a good summariser. Pretty impressed with the yellows
£10k prize money for a win.
Plus we will count it as 14 games undefeated.

Steve Kinnininburgh is saying what a very good and entertaining team Oxford are at the moment
Neither of those are right. It's actually Kinninininininininburgh.

Neither of those are right. It's actually Kinninininininininburgh.
He's excellent. Actually has an opinion and gives genuine insight. Rosie is basically an OUFC cheerleader and really shouldn't be a summariser. You can't be employed by the club, and then be expected to be objective. Makes me realise how boring Shearer is on MOTD. The extent of his insight appears to be.. 'the lad smacked it, and it went in the top corner'....

It was like watching a game in a deserted ground.
Very impressed with Zamouri, quick, and creates chances, but needs to get more on target. Ageyi and Stevens, oh dear. Stevens was poor overall. If ever we have to rely on him as cover for Eastwood, I'd worry. Ageyi, can see him going the same way as the Bermudan we had recently. Very lightweight, barged off the ball too easily.
I just don't get the hype over Jones, having seen quite a bit of him. He's seen as a big prospect, maybe he will be, but at the moment, I just don't see the quality of player you could see so obviously in Joey or COD as youngsters.

Stevens was poor overall ? Distribution was kept simple and was good apart from one kick after bench shouted instruction to change and and kick to Longy on right flank, the goal was scrapping but he fully committed to first strike at goal which deflected off a player and he got up quickly, next shout was cleared off line and third attemp he smother saved the shot coming off his shoulder and span up and header came from it. Apart from that little to do so how you can say “oh dear poor overall !

Looking back on your past posts you seem to have a questionable agenda when it comes to young Stevens, whose is a still young keeper and had played only 4 first team games all of which we have won !

Last edited:
Skimmed this thread but glad people are getting to see the talent we have in the youth set up.

Nico Jones is a fine defender and a good footballer. If he can learn off the likes of Mous and Dickie and contours his development with the 18/23’s we will have a very fine player on our hands.

Like wise Lopes and Sole.

Goodrham has really impressed me when I’ve watched him and obviously impressed Robinson on Saturday. He’s old school, will always look to beat his man and can put in some very good balls into the danger areas. He’s also got a lot of fight in him for a youngster and is a very good team player. Certainly one for the future.

Last edited:
After my previous comments about Zamouri it is only right that I praise him (based on Rad Ox) for his performance. Got involved, provided a threat and good work which led to the 1st goal.

Good to see Sykes being key in a couple of goals and he does seem to be improving again, becoming a very useful member of the squad for me. He is becoming a young version of James Henry in the way he plays (obviously not as consistent etc) and I hope JH is helping him because he clearly has the talent.

On Dan Agyei, I think like most strikers, he needs to get that 1st goal as he got into good positions (evidenced by 2 penalties coming from his play) to then kick on. While I fully understand why Robbie Hall took the last penalty, I think longer term letting Agyei take it would have been more beneficial (assuming he scored it).

Last edited:
While I fully understand why Robbie Hall took the last penalty, I think longer term letting Agyei take it would have been more beneficial (assuming he scored it).
I know what you are saying, but on current evidence, a fit and confident Hall is of more use to us than a slightly more confident Agyei - so I think him taking the pen to get his hat-trick was fine.

I know what you are saying, but on current evidence, a fit and confident Hall is of more use to us than a slightly more confident Agyei - so I think him taking the pen to get his hat-trick was fine.

I just think Dan Agyei with some confidence would add a different type of striker option to the squad and Agyei really needs that 1st goal for a boost. Mackie for bullying/shithousery of defenders, Matty Taylor as the poacher and Agyei for the ball behind slower defences with his pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom