• Sub: Joseph

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Sub: Wildschut

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s also infuriating is, Moore’s lack of ability to win headers in attacking set pieces. Where’s Matty Elliott when you need him!
And his lack of verbal instructions to his team when defending set pieces. Yesterday there was no organising, no communication. Watch him next game off the ball at defensive set pieces.

How we could do with a Mike Ford 'talker' as Captain eh?

Last edited:
Lots of emotions from yesterday
GOD has loads of potential but it’s not fair him starting, his first touch let him down a few times and he should have scored perhaps but he’s young, he’s a strong player and perhaps he should have someone next to him to feed off of him
Browne is frustrating some good runs but not ready to run for the team the third goal is a perfect example
Long had yet another up and down game
Findlay another who did the odd thing well but at other times was poor
Anderson was poor today
Bate was poor
But both these often had 2 up against them
Smith did well the sitter apart but he’s a defensive midfielder and was positioned further up the pitch than say Cam
It was a huge match to introduce him
We allowed too many crosses into our box
When we finally managed to get crosses into the box Tyler was the only one there
He was a bright spark
Henry (who I have slated) played well
Although generally a negative post, because we have again come away with no points, I actually think we could have come away with one point, poor poor finishing yet again
Next weeks game is a must win and I think if we play like we did today we will/ should come away with 3 points
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 then with confidence we move on under Liam

On GOD, I hope somebody in the Manager/Coaching staff tell him to focus a bit less on the physical battle with centre backs and more on the ball when it is played up to him, as his attention seemed to be more on the defender than where the ball was going. He is already strong so in most cases the physical will sort itself.

9 losses in ten games. We can't expect to beat anybody we are f*****g dreadful.

I'm nervous about Morecambe. Very nervous. How mad to say that.

On GOD, I hope somebody in the Manager/Coaching staff tell him to focus a bit less on the physical battle with centre backs and more on the ball when it is played up to him, as his attention seemed to be more on the defender than where the ball was going. He is already strong so in most cases the physical will sort itself.
Perhaps copying Matty

Morecombe have have only lost 1 of their last 8 home games with 5 wins. Getting 3 points there will need a better performance than yesterday.
This is gonna be a very difficult fixture, more-so than people think. We played very well yesterday at times and you would think a performance like that would see of a team like them normally but they seem pretty decent at home and can score goals - beat Rovers and Burton 5-1 and 5-0 respectively in a period where we lost 2-0 and 3-0 to these clubs. The home game I remember was also way harder than it should've been as we scraped a draw. Hopefully Manning can get us firing right off!

Agree about Browne on the third goal, he was culpable as anyone for that goal.

However we do need a fit, and interested Marcus Browne to help us get out of this mess.

Liam’s certainly got his work cut out.
Very similar reaction by him for the Play Off final loss to Wycombe.

Findlay might be alright as a defender but he is comically bad as an actual footballer, his passing is no better than the average Sunday league footballer.

If he is going to play then you have to miss him out of the passing and just have him there to defend, he makes a simple 10 yard pass look hard work.

A strange situation with how long we chased him for, we have signed a lot better centre backs than him from all over the British isles with pretty minimal effort, we could of just got better for cheaper without the fuss.
Would imagine he will be a casualty of the inevitable Manning clearout in the summer. Ball carriers and defenders comfortable on the ball will be the profile sought. I wouldn't actually be surprised if he doesn't play for us again. If Manning implements his preferred back 3 formation, it will be Long Moore and Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom