Current Player #10 Sam Baldock

This was all known for some time. It has to be asked why the club didn't announce sooner. Sam was telling anyone who talked to him at the open day that he had retired but was staying on at the club, not, he stressed, in a coaching role.
The bonus now is that he is no longer a factor in the clubs playing staff budget.

Another off the playing budget.

Not his fault his body has broken down, but inevitable!! It was a gamble signing him, and he contributed to the goals column a few times when he played. A gamble that didn’t workout!

Clarke Harris coming in January.

Oh Jesus. My bad 🤣 I’m terrible, it’s got to the stage where I sometimes call my sons by their brothers name!
Don't worry, my two sons and the dog's names are entirely interchangeable and have been since they arrived

• React
Reactions: m
This was all known for some time. It has to be asked why the club didn't announce sooner. Sam was telling anyone who talked to him at the open day that he had retired but was staying on at the club, not, he stressed, in a coaching role.
I'm sure they have their reasons, plus, I don't think it's actually impacted us in any way, so no harm done.

He has always seemed a bright guy.
The club have helped him a lot with this role and presumably they believe he will add value to the club as well..
Good luck in the future Sam

A real shame we never got to enjoy seeing him play here more, clearly a very good player.

But his body simply wasn't up to it anymore, and this day has been a long time coming.

Those handful of games where he played up front with Matty were very memorable though, we looked unstoppable!

Good luck in the future Sam 👏 👏

Best of luck Sam, just watched his video on YouTube, talks very well, the fact that the club are helping him with a role behind the scenes is commendable. All the best Sam.

Best of luck to him. That short month when he and Matty combined and looked lethal together was so much fun - but his body was already letting him down before he even got here sadly.

Watching him at Cambridge last season, when he was so clearly, obviously, visibly not fit (barely jogging, wincing every time he needed to pivot/change direction, getting knocked off the ball on the rare occasions he got anywhere near play) was incredibly sad. And indicative of what an absolute mess we’d gotten ourselves into, where he felt obligated to play to try and ‘help get us out of the mud’ and the manager was so desperate he went along with it.

But absolute respect for him for giving it a go. He’s such a smart guy - and no doubt he’ll be extremely successful in his post-playing career.

Poor guy
Hopefully he will thrive in his new role
Has had a good career and should be able to offer a lot in his new role
I reckon he'll do well
Good luck to him

Back
Top Bottom