Ref Watch 09/03/2024 L1: OUFC v Cheltenham Town - Marc Edwards

How did the ref perform?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
had an average game - missed a few, so an average 5 from me

Not great, seemed to randomly decide between dives and fouls.

I thought the ref was abit meh he didn't seem to keep up with play he was trying to ref the game From the centre circle he also missed a few challenges that should have been free kicks but gave things that weren't

So I gave him 3

When both sets of supporters are telling you that you don't know what you are doing....

Joking aside, he wasn't awful but wasn't brilliant. He didn't fall for all the dives, but didn't catch all the fouls either. Wasn't too keen to wander too far from the centre circle at times! We have had far worse 6

Quite liked how he told the Cheltenham goalie he was stopping the clock in the first half when he waited for a ball boy to retrieve the ball, there is a ball either side of the goal!

Didn’t book any of the Cheltenham players for time wasting- the amount of off the ball Bodychecks on Murphy and Dale made me think I was watching an ice hockey game

9 not a valid score (not that I would have given him 9.
Pretty invisible which is a big plus for me. However let too much Shenanigans go on.

Bit of an odd one. After 70 minutes I was thinking that he had got everything more or less spot on. Whereupon he then got the vast majority of stuff wrong for the rest of the game. Possibly a loss of focus, who knows.

I was going to give him a 7 because everything seemed to be ticking over OK, did nothing really wrong but then there was the blatant body check on Murphy on North Stand touchline. To me it looked cynical foul, no attempt to get the ball and it prevented an attack. It should also have been a booking.
I think the ref realised he was wrong and then he lost the plot so I gave him a 4.

Back
Top Bottom