Home Match Day Thread 03/9/2022: L1 - OUFC v Burton Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction to previous post, should read G.O.D not C.O.D ! Big Fingers small Phone !

Re the youngsters
I remember Dean Whitehead being played by Atkins because he had no other options and then couldn’t drop him because he played so well
KR did the same with Baptiste when there were no options
Let’s hope these lads turn out to be as good as them
So far Goodrham and Golding have done really well but we need to see them in their correct positions to get the best out of them
Very true. Derek Townsley and other 'senior' midfielders were out injured so Atkins, although reluctantly had to play Whitehead.
The irony was that Atkins then claimed the plaudits for 'bringing Whitehead on'
And as you say, same with Baptiste.

Very true. Derek Townsley and other 'senior' midfielders were out injured so Atkins, although reluctantly had to play Whitehead.

Ah, Derek Townsley. Looked a good signing on his debut but that soon changed.

I can still remember, in the early TiU days, JCR going absolutely apoplectic on the forum every time Atkins started some League Two journeyman ahead of Whitehead.

He was right, but his delivery was always colorful. I wonder if he's still around here under another name......

Not dissimilar to McNally last season when Robinson was forced to give him a run in the side because we couldn't resign Thornily on loan from Blackpool.

Not dissimilar to McNally last season when Robinson was forced to give him a run in the side because we couldn't resign Thornily on loan from Blackpool.
I remember mentioning at the time i felt that thorniley may have be holding back mcnallys progress and being dismissed by 1 of the forum regulars.

35 more points, and I will feel more comfortable. Should be achievable, but blimey we’ve not any stand out performances up to now, but as long as we keep churning out wins that’s all that matters.

Cambridge 5th, and have a manager I’d love here.
You have mentioned bonner about 50 times but if he does continue to do well he will end up in the championship not here.

Well Ive just watched the replay and I was very impressed by GoD. We need players who are consistently trying to beat their man he did brilliantly. I also thought Bate looks very promising hes just srarting to get up to speed. Him CB and MM could be a top midfield at this level. Young fit and energetic players are just what we need like Joseph as well

You have mentioned bonner about 50 times but if he does continue to do well he will end up in the championship not here.

Or an ambitious League One club, that seek championship football, on a large salary, and a lot bigger budget, with owners that have deep pockets, and a shiny new stadium on the horizon.

It would be a good start for a young hungry manager, that could really stamp there mark here.

I've told you in previous posts ! All over 30 years of age players will be replaced once there contracts expire. When we get our new Stadium,which we will , then you will see big money transfers coming in !! One thing I hope as long as I live and beyond, the Breeze Block can only be built on for leisure facilities like it is now and not Housing !!! Selfish , not at all , life of luxury on the back of our club ,without prejudice, slum landlords should never profit nomatter who they are !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom