Home Match Build Up 01/11/2022 L1: OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see suggestions to put square pegs in round holes on here. We’ve been crying out for players to be played in the correct positions. It’s almost like the disease is spreading!

Interesting to see suggestions to put square pegs in round holes on here. We’ve been crying out for players to be played in the correct positions. It’s almost like the disease is spreading!
Maybe people get a little too hung up about players positions?
On Saturday on RO one supporter said how awful it was as there were 3 players out of position .
Seddon came on at right back.
Maybe some players can play in different positions , and playing very well, giving it all and taking chances is far more of the issue?

• React
Reactions: m
Bodin is for everyone's benefit. But I've since learned he's still suspended, unfortunately. So I'd probably push Seddon right wing and then leave the sorting hat from Harry Potter to decide who goes right back.
Screw that, stick Seddon in goal, it's silly season after all

Reckon we'll win this one but make hard work of it.

Easty
Anderson Moore Findlay Brown
McGuane
Bate CamBran
Joseph O'Donkor Browne

I think that's probably our best team at the mo assuming Long isn't fit and Bate and Browne are fit enough to start. Really enjoying watching young Gatlin and Joseph recently and hoping both can get on the scoresheet - Gatlin especially deserves a goal. 2-1 win, both of them to score!

Maybe people get a little too hung up about players positions?
On Saturday on RO one supporter said how awful it was as there were 3 players out of position .
Seddon came on at right back.
Maybe some players can play in different positions , and playing very well, giving it all and taking chances is far more of the issue?
I’m not sure that’s fully true as Joseph has looked a different player since going out wide - he’s clearly more comfortable there, and has stepped up a level since not being used as a central striker/midfielder.

I’m not sure that’s fully true as Joseph has looked a different player since going out wide - he’s clearly more comfortable there, and has stepped up a level since not being used as a central striker/midfielder.
I didn't agree with the person on the radio either and agree that Joseph has done really well wide right or left.
I also think that Sam Long is a right back ( some seem to think that he is a CB even though 90% of his first team games have been as a full back)
I guess that my real point is that players playing very well to a plan and taking chances was the reason we won on Saturday even though we may have had 'square pegs in round holes'

won’t be attending tomorrow night as I’m still not clear of covid so it will ifollow, hoping Mrs Bazzer and I will be for for Sunday

Hopefully we'll be able to follow a positive result up with another positive result for the first time this season and really get going. For the avoidance of doubt, winning is the only positive result!

I would like us to play Bate Joseph O'Donker and Goodrham starting rather than Anderson. While Anderson has some clever flicks I dont see tigerish tackling and better on as a sub. Youth is the way forward atm we need the pace and energy

I would like us to play Bate Joseph O'Donker and Goodrham starting rather than Anderson. While Anderson has some clever flicks I dont see tigerish tackling and better on as a sub. Youth is the way forward atm we need the pace and energy

Anderson is our only fit ‘right back’ even though he’s a winger like I said when we signed him.

Sam Long has a hamstring injury and went for a scan this afternoon.

If (say if!) we win the Fleetwood game with the same team I reckong Taylor will have a job getting back in.

It would be great if he got the fire back having to play only 30 minutes for a while. An amazing option to bring on if he found his goal scoring boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom