Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Shandon Baptiste not being offered a new contract at Brentford.

Sure he’ll end up at Championship level next season, and I know his dodgy shoulder means he’s a constant injury problem.

But wow I still so fondly remember the way he’d just glide past people in the middle of the pitch like they weren’t there. That FA Cup goal where he just kept going and going leaving defenders in his wake is still one of my favourite goals I’ve seen in all my years at the Kassam

Sure he’ll end up at Championship level next season, and I know his dodgy shoulder means he’s a constant injury problem.

But wow I still so fondly remember the way he’d just glide past people in the middle of the pitch like they weren’t there. That FA Cup goal where he just kept going and going leaving defenders in his wake is still one of my favourite goals I’ve seen in all my years at the Kassam
The one v Lincoln I think it was, Fence End, just before Christmas to win the game 1-0, took the ball, muscled his way around a player, then smashed it in from outside the box, what a goal that was.

And the one v West Ham with the little touch to completely take out a defender before finishing it.

The one v Lincoln I think it was, Fence End, just before Christmas to win the game 1-0, took the ball, muscled his way around a player, then smashed it in from outside the box, what a goal that was.

And the one v West Ham with the little touch to completely take out a defender before finishing it.

I’d completely forgotten that West Ham one! What a night!

I wonder if wage-wise he might be beyond us even on the off chance we do sneak past Bolton and are in the Champ next season.

But what a baller. Just a joy to watch in his time here, even with his glass shoulders.

Worth a trial at least, for sure. The kind of waters we need to be fishing in if we're to be competitive against teams with higher budgets - obviously there was a player in him a few years ago.

He's played quite a bit for Preston over the past couple of seasons. I think he'll get a few offers.

I predict he'll go to somewhere like Sheffield Wednesday or Derby (possibly Bolton).

He's played quite a bit for Preston over the past couple of seasons. I think he'll get a few offers.

I predict he'll go to somewhere like Sheffield Wednesday or Derby (possibly Bolton).
"He joined Preston North End and made enough appearances to trigger a one-year extension in his contract in his first season. He made 42 games in all competitions, scoring twice, but just 12 of his appearances were Championship starts.
This season, he has not started a Championship game, with his 19 appearances all coming from the bench and amounting to just 156 minutes of competitive action."

I think that's more indicative of a move back to League One. Prime Wrexham territory being Welsh and a story behind him.

"He joined Preston North End and made enough appearances to trigger a one-year extension in his contract in his first season. He made 42 games in all competitions, scoring twice, but just 12 of his appearances were Championship starts.
This season, he has not started a Championship game, with his 19 appearances all coming from the bench and amounting to just 156 minutes of competitive action."

I think that's more indicative of a move back to League One. Prime Wrexham territory being Welsh and a story behind him.
Wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up at Wrexham. They can afford to pay silly money and he lives in one of the villages just on the edge of Chester.

Sam Baldock just confirmed to me that George has signed for a club in Greece.

Back
Top Bottom