International News Covid-19 .....

Minister in Houses of Parliament!

Andrew Bridgen? He`s got form.

Facts of the matter are that 59 people, across the entire UK have had a fatal adverse event at/during vaccination.

It is not "killing folk" left right & centre.

PS: I should know having been on a clinical trial and had a bit of both subsequently.

@Essexyellows, quick question; I’m hearing that the various covid vaccinations actually caused more serious side effects than the virus itself would have caused all across the age groups/vulnerability, and that a high percentage of NHS staff refused to have the vaccine boosters last autumn because of this knowledge, so are you able to say whether this is true or not.
Not ITK nor a medical professional or a scientist but I doubt very much that is true, if it were and was more dangerous in side effects than the virus itself, I think that would be known by now considering it’s not just the U.K. who’ve had these boosters but worldwide.

@Essexyellows, quick question; I’m hearing that the various covid vaccinations actually caused more serious side effects than the virus itself would have caused all across the age groups/vulnerability, and that a high percentage of NHS staff refused to have the vaccine boosters last autumn because of this knowledge, so are you able to say whether this is true or not.

No, No and not true.

No, No and not true.
So I wonder what this minister’s (think his name is Bridgens) is going on about in the Commons?

He was basically challenging the data of vaccines and them actually causing more harm/higher cost with no value add. Based upon government data!! Also saying it’s the big pharmas’ making loads of money/waste of money for tax payers.

So I wonder what this minister’s (think his name is Bridgens) is going on about in the Commons?

He was basically challenging the data of vaccines and them actually causing more harm/higher cost with no value add. Based upon government data!! Also saying it’s the big pharmas’ making loads of money/waste of money for tax payers.
My daughter works for Oxford university in the department that deals with these sort of things and states that the makers of these vaccines aren’t making any profit from them.

In a nutshell............ he couldn`t lay straight in bed.

Abusing parliamentary privilege to make "statements" based on total bollox.

Without overwhelming folk with numbers and links ............. 59 people have died at/during vaccination. Ergo: put enough folk in a room someone will die.
The "adverse reaction" score is perfectly normal .......... again if you vaccinate enough folk some will feel a bit rough.

More here: read it as you wish, as it seems the lying tosser Bridgen has.

@Essexyellows here’s the link!

Not sure if it’s a load of bollox, hence just asking!

In a nutshell............ he couldn`t lay straight in bed.

Abusing parliamentary privilege to make "statements" based on total bollox.

Without overwhelming folk with numbers and links ............. 59 people have died at/during vaccination. Ergo: put enough folk in a room someone will die.
The "adverse reaction" score is perfectly normal .......... again if you vaccinate enough folk some will feel a bit rough.

More here: read it as you wish, as it seems the lying tosser Bridgen has.
It's rare that @Essexyellows and I line up together but we do 100% on this.

Bridgen is the political equivalent on a Shock Jock who can only garnish attention by being more and more sensationalistic. He talks bollox and is a danger to the ill informed.

My daughter works for Oxford university in the department that deals with these sort of things and states that the makers of these vaccines aren’t making any profit from them.

Does your daughter work at Oxford University Innovation then, Baz? I did an internship there way back when.......

I have seen the AZ/Oxford license agreement, and it (as well as AZ's deals with the UK government) are (or at least were) structured such that they're not making as much profit as you would expect - at least until the WHO declares the pandemic over. At that point, if we're still getting booster shots, they'll make substantially more on those.

But Pfizer and Moderna have both made an absolute killing. The joy of dealing primarily with the looser pockets of the US government, I guess.
Last year, Pfizer were the first pharma company ever to record single year revenues over $100b - and more than half of that was Covid-related (both vaccines and Paxlovid, its oral antiviral).

So one thing Bridgen is saying is partially true (broken clocks, I guess), although it's coming more out of my pocket than yours.

Does your daughter work at Oxford University Innovation then, Baz? I did an internship there way back when.......

I have seen the AZ/Oxford license agreement, and it (as well as AZ's deals with the UK government) are (or at least were) structured such that they're not making as much profit as you would expect - at least until the WHO declares the pandemic over. At that point, if we're still getting booster shots, they'll make substantially more on those.

But Pfizer and Moderna have both made an absolute killing. The joy of dealing primarily with the looser pockets of the US government, I guess.
Last year, Pfizer were the first pharma company ever to record single year revenues over $100b - and more than half of that was Covid-related (both vaccines and Paxlovid, its oral antiviral).

So one thing Bridgen is saying is partially true (broken clocks, I guess), although it's coming more out of my pocket than yours.
Think that’s the place, in Botley

Moderna had spent $10B (pretty sure that’s the number) on RNA vaccine research and development with no product to market before covid hit, so I have some sympathy for them making some dough now. Without the potential to make a lot of money, why would a company invest $10B up front in r&d?

It's rare that @Essexyellows and I line up together but we do 100% on this.

Bridgen is the political equivalent on a Shock Jock who can only garnish attention by being more and more sensationalistic. He talks bollox and is a danger to the ill informed.
It’s a shame that he’s not shot down in the commons then, and outed with quantified response so it nullifies his argument.

To the general person on the street his argument/comments look credible, especially if he references government data e.g. having to administer a certain number of vaccine boosters which run into the hundred of 1000’s, to avoid just one serious reaction to a person catching covid, compared to the number (higher than people that actually catch covid) of people who are experiencing serious effects (death/hospitalisation) from having the vaccine!

If indeed it is bullshit, then he should be challenged with actual data

Moderna had spent $10B (pretty sure that’s the number) on RNA vaccine research and development with no product to market before covid hit, so I have some sympathy for them making some dough now. Without the potential to make a lot of money, why would a company invest $10B up front in r&d?

I don't disagree - although the general discussion on pharma pricing is sufficiently dense and complicated that I don't particularly want to get into it on here!

It’s a shame that he’s not shot down in the commons then, and outed with quantified response so it nullifies his argument.

To the general person on the street his argument/comments look credible, especially if he references government data e.g. having to administer a certain number of vaccine boosters which run into the hundred of 1000’s, to avoid just one serious reaction to a person catching covid, compared to the number (higher than people that actually catch covid) of people who are experiencing serious effects (death/hospitalisation) from having the vaccine!

If indeed it is bullshit, then he should be challenged with actual data
He regularly gets shot down on twitter. I seriously doubt any MP had the time or inclination to indulge him in his fantasies. Actually, why am I getting tied up with this old chestnut again? ! 😳😡😡

Hmm. Started working through that to see what actual evidence was being used and gave up.
Reference 1 is an article that strongly refutes the premises of this one.
Reference 2 is just a circle jerk pointing to a blog that just refers to the same story this article about.
Reference 3 is an interview with Fucker Carlson which is just the content reported in this article.
Reference 4 is the first bit of actual 3rd party data and as far as I can see the main message in it is that excess deaths were reduced in vaccinated people.
At that point I stopped bothering: as a scientist you soon learn that when the procedural and quality res flags start appearing you should stop wasting your time and go and read something that’s been done properly.

Back
Top Bottom