Ex Player Ateef Konate

Am I the only one who’s picked up on the fact that his arriving at the training ground was clearly the first time that he and KR have spoken? Karl’s first question ‘how’s your English’ kind of gave that away.

Is this a sign that there is definitely a big shift in our recruitment away from KR?
Was more for me a sign our 'scouting' isn't all that thorough to know if a player can speak English or not. You would think the kind of basic background checks would pick up this kind of info.

Am I the only one who’s picked up on the fact that his arriving at the training ground was clearly the first time that he and KR have spoken? Karl’s first question ‘how’s your English’ kind of gave that away.

Is this a sign that there is definitely a big shift in our recruitment away from KR?
A few things that interested me about that video:

Mark Thomas is visible, again. Just like he was in the Fleming video.

Of all the players Konate meets it's Baldock, and Baldock says 'I'm training today!', like Konate had been worried about Baldock not training.

We see Konate going through a physical assessment, like that's a thing we didn't do before now.

We see Konate scoring a goal in training. We need people to score goals for us.

Feels to me that some of those things were deliberately forced into the video, as if the club are aware of concerns around recruitment, existing player fitness and ability and trying to show us something.

Pretty sure with most loans the manager doesn’t meet the loanee till they arrive.

According to KR a bid for over a million pounds from another club was turned down for him by Forest

Remember this guy?

Is he injured or just another damning example of our scattergun recruitment this season?

Answers can be both.

If we believe Forest turned down a healthy sum for a permanent deal, their motivation for sending him here must have been ‘well it’s a league 1 club he’ll get minutes’.

Nooope.

Shambolic if we're paying his wages and he's not even in the squad.

Forest (and Hull) must be pretty pissed off that their "hot prospect talent" is not featuring for us.

I wonder if the loan deal had a clause that they have to be a first teamer.

One of my cousins is a Forest ST holder. As soon as we signed Konate, he WhatsApped me and said he was considered useless. I wonder where the £1.0M bid story came from? Surely it couldn't have been made up by KR to justify yet another hopeless signing?
Presume he was the only player left on the remnants table!🙄

Well, if he is worth £1m and Murphy was once sold for £11m, then he is about 9% as good as Murphy ;)

• Wow
Reactions: m
He wasn't up with the other non-playing players at the back of the South Stand last night

Is he the new Isaac Buckley-Ricketts?

A career in the Northern Premier League beckons after leaving us if so.

Back
Top Bottom