Current Player #25 Will Goodwin

If we're going to rest Harris then I'd rather use Bodin as the two play in a similar vein, albeit with different energy levels.

Goodwin is very much still alive, but I think that all involved are a little worried about risking him in big pressure games when coming on (relatively) cold. I thought that he might be on the bench yesterday but we've now seen out the Exeter and Peterborough game without too much trouble so maybe we can continue as we are and have Goodwin firing for next season.

If we're going to rest Harris then I'd rather use Bodin as the two play in a similar vein, albeit with different energy levels.

Goodwin is very much still alive, but I think that all involved are a little worried about risking him in big pressure games when coming on (relatively) cold. I thought that he might be on the bench yesterday but we've now seen out the Exeter and Peterborough game without too much trouble so maybe we can continue as we are and have Goodwin firing for next season.j
If he’s even 50% fit he’s got to go on the bench.

I think his cardboard cut out will be more useful next season .
The club should start following the science behind these signings .

Did it?
The club suggested that the Quad injury was a short term problem?
The club did say they'd expect him to be in full training a couple of weeks after he signed and he's managed roughly two and a half games since then.

I'm not sure we fully knew about it but we're short of strikers and were without a full medical department. It's definitely turned out to be a more serious issue than we realised and he was done no favours at all by the medical team at Cheltenham.

Could we go with Browne up front to give Harris a rest?
The last time I saw Browne play well for us it was up front. I’m not sure he’s got the pace to be a winger any more but I think he’d make a decent central striker in League One. If only we had a different winger to come on to replace Dale…

Nearly 4 months out injured and starting 1 game in that period suggests it's a long term problem .
I predict he will require surgery .
Do you think that one of the many professionals at the club or the private medical care providers may have identified that surgery was required during his last 7 weeks rehab?

The last time I saw Browne play well for us it was up front. I’m not sure he’s got the pace to be a winger any more but I think he’d make a decent central striker in League One. If only we had a different winger to come on to replace Dale…

Murphy can play both sides. Leigh can play left wing but yes we are short on decent wingers in this squad.

The club did say they'd expect him to be in full training a couple of weeks after he signed and he's managed roughly two and a half games since then.

I'm not sure we fully knew about it but we're short of strikers and were without a full medical department. It's definitely turned out to be a more serious issue than we realised and he was done no favours at all by the medical team at Cheltenham.

I know hindsight is a great thing as the afterthought but I was disappointed we didn’t pursue Joe Taylor at the time who was banging in goals for relegation threatened Colchester when we were linked with him in January but Des rejected that claim yet went on to score double figures for Lincoln whilst we couldn’t get a game out of Goodwin (& even Cheltenham fans warned us he was injury prone spending most of his time their in the treatment room)

I know hindsight is a great thing as the afterthought but I was disappointed we didn’t pursue Joe Taylor at the time who was banging in goals for relegation threatened Colchester when we were linked with him in January but Des rejected that claim yet went on to score double figures for Lincoln whilst we couldn’t get a game out of Goodwin (& even Cheltenham fans warned us he was injury prone spending most of his time their in the treatment room)
Let's judge him next season.
Get him.fit and see how he goes
In my view we have been at least one striker short all season ( we have been very lucky that Harris has remained fit)

Only if you want someone who is potentially fucked for next season! We've done pretty well without Goodwin so far so maybe we should continue to protect him and keep our faith in the others who have been absolutely incredible in recent weeks.
What if we have to chase the game? What if Harris gets crocked? Don’t agree.

Overall a pretty crap signing, for a club of our stature and in our financial situation, paying out 400k plus signing on fee and wages let’s not forget, for a guy who’s barely played and been more or less permanently injured since we signed him is shocking business. Just when we needed a boost, competition and help up front and we blow 400k on someone who may come good if we namby pamby around for 6 months is just terrible business sense.

Sorry for those who disagree and keep saying he may come good, he was meant to come good within a few weeks of signing, to aid our promotion push. No 2 ways about it, terrible business from our recruitment team in this particular case.

Overall a pretty crap signing, for a club of our stature and in our financial situation, paying out 400k plus signing on fee and wages let’s not forget, for a guy who’s barely played and been more or less permanently injured since we signed him is shocking business. Just when we needed a boost, competition and help up front and we blow 400k on someone who may come good if we namby pamby around for 6 months is just terrible business sense.

Sorry for those who disagree and keep saying he may come good, he was meant to come good within a few weeks of signing, to aid our promotion push. No 2 ways about it, terrible business from our recruitment team in this particular case.

You do know that we're 2 games away from promotion don't you?!

You do know that we're 2 games away from promotion don't you?!
Of course but that doesn’t mean that the Goodwin signing wasn’t terrible business. We could have probably signed him for 100k in the summer and his contribution wouldn’t have made a difference, that’s the point.

We needed help and competition to aid and boost our promotion bid, not waste 400k on someone who has added nothing in the second half of the season.

He’s not aided our promotion bid one bit, and we’ve shelled out 400k plus signing on fee and wages for the privilege, that’s the point really, got nothing to do with being 2 games from promotion, that’s a separate issue.

However you or anyone wants to try and play the Goodwin signing, it’s been terrible from a second half of the season help sense, would u not agree?

Back
Top Bottom