Current Player #20 Rúben Rodrigues

Interview with Rúben before the final talking about the step up from Non League

At the start, I had to get my fitness up. My fitness wasn’t the best when I got here. I lacked a bit or speed and experience as well.

“The players here are so experienced. I had to definitely step up and get better and I think I’ve done a good job with that.

“There was a bit of a lifestyle change which comes from going from being a non-league player to League One. They didn’t really bother with what you were doing in non-league.

“They give you a programme and things like that, but there’s just a big difference when you go to League One. It’s certainly a step up in all aspects.”

Reuben was magnificent in the final and his second assist was simply glorious. We rarely split a defence open like that and Murphy's first touch was also sublime as was the finish.
Totally agree .
I’ve always thought of him as a “thread the needle” player.
Hopefully Des and co can finally develop this further .

Ruben Rodrigues drew moustaches on all my garden gnomes in felt tip and rearranged the letters on the church notice board to spell a rude word #DESaster.

I have found the post match celebration live streams to be a bit... awkward, also embarrassing to watch. I know the players rightfully deserve to have a good time, let their hair down. But I am surprised the club let the live stream antics go on for so long.
I enjoyed them to an extent. Seeing them all together just messing about was a good insight into who they are as people and as a group. Modern footballers having no personality is something a lot of people gripe about.

I, like you, thought the late night streams were unnecessary and embarrassing though. Watching Rodrigues and Harris harass some bloke just trying to deliver food didn't really sit right with me, nor taking a kids scooter from their front garden.

I enjoyed them to an extent. Seeing them all together just messing about was a good insight into who they are as people and as a group. Modern footballers having no personality is something a lot of people gripe about.

I, like you, thought the late night streams were unnecessary and embarrassing though. Watching Rodrigues and Harris harass some bloke just trying to deliver food didn't really sit right with me, nor taking a kids scooter from their front garden.
I am such a dinosaur - what is a live stream? And who were they hassling?

Nt sure how to upload it but just been sent a ring camera video of Ruben nicking some kids scooter from a front garden in Heyford, still in full kit

That’s incredibly funny if maybe not a great look for the club

Don't quite understand how this came about if it is definitely him.
Players stayed in London Saturday night.
Then Ruben was pictured on Sunday in a cocktail bar in London with other players into the evening and was then said to have gone home mid-late evening. Wasn't wearing his match shirt.
Monday at the Parade he was in club training wear.

So if it is actually him, then for some reason, he has changed back into his match shirt either on Sunday night or Monday night and then stayed out until 4am or whatever has been posted. It's odd.

Don't quite understand how this came about if it is definitely him.
Players stayed in London Saturday night.
Then Ruben was pictured on Sunday in a cocktail bar in London with other players into the evening and was then said to have gone home mid-late evening. Wasn't wearing his match shirt.
Monday at the Parade he was in club training wear.

So if it is actually him, then for some reason, he has changed back into his match shirt either on Sunday night or Monday night and then stayed out until 4am or whatever has been posted. It's odd.
It just shows the lengths some players will go to just to get talked about on here!

Back
Top Bottom