Away Match Day Thread 18/05/2024: L1 Play-Off Final - Bolton vs Oxford

MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the train back, got through the queue reasonably quickly all things considered. Couldn't have been more civil.

On the game... I admit I shed a tear. We finally did it. For the first time in my OUFC supporting life we are in the Championship. What a performance. What a team. What a club.

Finally got phone signal back to get on the forum. What A Day. Half time I was shellshocked, but in a good way? Not had that before. Second half I can't believe we didn't come more under the cosh, seemed so comfortable.

Murphy could have had 5 by the end, he was a one man wrecking ball. Dale was sensational with his running second half. McGuane deputised for Cam so well. Everyone put in their absolute best and worked for each other.

So proud. So happy.

Last edited:
I’m not sure I can even sum this up at the moment. There were times over the last two decades when I thought playing in the second tier again was virtually out of our reach, and may never happen again. Can’t believe we’re back. What a special special team we have!! So proud of every one involved with the club right now.

King Des take a bow that was a sensational, emphatic, totally brilliant all round display.
Seemed too easy at times. What the hell just happened! Pure, unadulterated joy all in dreamland.

So glad I made it, hours and hours of driving and queuing for the train but finally heading back to Oxford Parkway-wales-Cambridge and home!!!

Just bloody lovverly stuff. Happy, happy days.

You are the man Josh Murphy.

What a stunning pass by Rubes for the 2nd goal. Moment of the season.

Well Des has fully proved he has a system.

Thank you Des and all the players.

Goodbye Marcus Browne. Great that he could say goodbye at the end.

And finally what a set of supporters. Despite the awful acoustics of the stadium, loads of noise.

The AC Milan away shirt season bonus strikes again. Can we have it every season?
Absolutely - I couldn't bring myself to wear mine today, because I wore it to the Barnsley tinpot match. So went with the yellow.

Still can't quite believe it! COYY!!

Wow. Lost for words.

Every single player was up for it, on it, wanted it, worked hard, showed their ability.

But, our tactical set up completely and utterly outclassed them. It stopped them playing, their big centre back had the ball a lot and didn’t have a clue what to do with it. Des Buckingham well and truly won the battle over his opposite number.

What a fantastic moment, still hasn't sunk in.

On the train home, oddly enough, I'm thinking of Amersham Dave. Someone I never met, but who I always liked seeing on here. We missed his dog on the pitch prediction today.

This is the pinnacle. We're back in the big time. What a moment!

Back
Top Bottom