Away Match Day Thread 18/05/2024: L1 Play-Off Final - Bolton vs Oxford

MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just before the action starts I want to apologise for my badly worded post on the previous thread. Reading it back it does sound very condescending and inappropriate since the U’s have suffered significantly in the past themselves and have made a wonderful recovery. Many clubs have bad times and though we nearly went bump you suffered a number of bad years out of the EFL but kept faith and here you are on the verge of the Championship. Whoever wins today most certainly deserves their success so once again please accept my profound apologies if my post offended and I’ll try and word things better next time! ☹️

Just before the action starts I want to apologise for my badly worded post on the previous thread. Reading it back it does sound very condescending and inappropriate since the U’s have suffered significantly in the past themselves and have made a wonderful recovery. Many clubs have bad times and though we nearly went bump you suffered a number of bad years out of the EFL but kept faith and here you are on the verge of the Championship. Whoever wins today most certainly deserves their success so once again please accept my profound apologies if my post offended and I’ll try and word things better next time! ☹️
You’re a good man @Farmer-Cee

No harm done mate. Both clubs have been through the wringer over the years. It’s a bit of celebration today that we are both at Wembley given what we’ve endured and survived.

Polishing off the brillat-savarin and quince paste at le gavroche and waiting for the black cab with a glass of vintage port. Ra ra ra, we're going to beat the oiks!

Just
toke the wood poles of Grandchildrens flags plastic is ok wooden ie not where are we selling this flag.

Good luck all you yellows. Hope Sparky gets his 20th of the season and two of Cam, Tyler, Ruben, Elliot and Josh can find the net too.
Just boarded the Dublin Holyhead ferry (scarf on of course), could be all over by the time I tune in to the radio.

Main impression so far, Bolton are noisy C***s. Our fans are going to have to up their game.

Day
Just had a drunk Bolton teenage drinking Strongbow Dark Fruit tell me they’re going to win 4-1.

I didn’t react. Moral victory.
Beware only the wisdom of those eating pies. All others just talk a good game

Just went down the supermarket (the aptly named Wembley IGA) to stock up with English delicacies from the international section: pickled onion monster munch, wispa, lion bar and Terry's chocolate orange now in play :)

Couldn't make over this time but have curtains drawn and doors locked. Telly tuned up and am ready for whatever happens. I'm bit in disbelief knowing the Oxford are playing to get into the Championship.
Thought it was a nice touch from Wilder to wish us well.
COYY

Good to see Tyler is playing. Fancy him to score today πŸ‘πŸ»

Dug out the 2010 and 2016 scarves, Wang and 1991 shirts, the cap my old man used to wear to games. Sofa is adorned. Just waiting and waiting. It's been a very long day in Perth.

Update: My 20 year-old daughter just walked in wearing the girls blue and pink T-shirt that she got when she was 12 - doesn't fit very well but I approve of the intent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom