Tickets 1350 Peterborough Away Ticket Allocation

So does that mean you plan to pick and choose home games? So club won't be down the full ST.

And then , as you aren't guaranteed your seat you may find yourself not with your mates?
OK East Stand is a bit fluid with not enforcing seats.

I was being facetious to demonstrate what could happen with that kind of set up for away tickets.

Tbh, I’m there with bells on every game and will most certainly be buying my ST in the SSU again when they get released.

Should away priority get taken away though, I’ve no doubt at all that it would impact ST sales.

It's entirely right because the terms of the season ticket gives you priority over away games where as the terms of individual away tickets count for Jack.

If we look at a points system for next year then there can be discussions about how this looks but the no.1 priority must always go to season ticket holders - especially as it's only a couple of years since the vast majority paid full price during covid without guarantees of seeing a single game.

Yes the current terms do. I’m not disputing that.

Don’t agree with the second point because there are variations where someone who does 23 home games a season can take priority over someone who does 40/30+ league games in total.

The fairest way would be adopting the England/FA Format.

The season ticket is your FA membership.
It guarantees you your seat for every home game for that season.
It also adds 23 points to your ‘caps’ so you have a +23 head start on anyone who isn’t a season ticket holder for away tickets.

Any debate on this is going to have arguments both sides but it’s healthy especially if we are to be promoted this year or in the near future as the current system is flawed in some big situations.

I wonder if there was any discrepancy between the clubs re; allocation or pricing which may have pissed Peterborough off, hence them reducing the away allocation from 1888 to 1350?

Do we know what the allocation is in the stand behind the goal which we had earlier in the season? I think it’s 2500 approx, so not sure why we couldn’t have had this stand unless Peterborough didn’t want the away fans having a better impact etc.

This.

To be fair. I’m not that arsed. I’ve got tickets to every game I’ve needed to.

However I do think it’s massively unfair that fans who’ve done every away game this season have missed out on a ticket for Peterborough away ticket for fans who’ve not done one away game all season and own a season ticket. That cannot be right.
It would also be massively unfair for someone who has committed hundreds of pounds to the club at the start of the season and attended every home game to not be given the priority of attending one of the club's biggest games of the season, regardless of where it is, over somebody who doesn't put any money in to the club and consequently doesn't help with the building of a squad capable of making the play-offs in the first place...

It would also be massively unfair for someone who has committed hundreds of pounds to the club at the start of the season and attended every home game to not be given the priority of attending one of the club's biggest games of the season, regardless of where it is, over somebody who doesn't put any money in to the club and consequently doesn't help with the building of a squad capable of making the play-offs in the first place...

I have actually heard someone say that they only do aways as they prefer them, at the away friendly at Wimbledon a year or two back. Which is fair enough, their choice, but going to home games limits how many aways I can go to, partly money and partly the missus moaning, so it’s unfair for me/others like me to miss out as I/others like me subsidise that persons hobby of going to away games as he puts no money in the pot, he actually funds the opposition more.

I have actually heard someone say that they only do aways as they prefer them, at the away friendly at Wimbledon a year or two back. Which is fair enough, their choice, but going to home games limits how many aways I can go to, partly money and partly the missus moaning, so it’s unfair for me/others like me to miss out as I/others like me subsidise that persons hobby of going to away games as he puts no money in the pot, he actually funds the opposition more.

Then that’s also on the club to the make the home experience better than an away one.

Yes the current terms do. I’m not disputing that.

Don’t agree with the second point because there are variations where someone who does 23 home games a season can take priority over someone who does 40/30+ league games in total.

The fairest way would be adopting the England/FA Format.

The season ticket is your FA membership.
It guarantees you your seat for every home game for that season.
It also adds 23 points to your ‘caps’ so you have a +23 head start on anyone who isn’t a season ticket holder for away tickets.

Any debate on this is going to have arguments both sides but it’s healthy especially if we are to be promoted this year or in the near future as the current system is flawed in some big situations.
I feel you could introduce an away ticket membership like yellow membership. This would give you priority to away tickets along side season ticket holders or just after them but if a points scheme would come into play or for games such as our game next Wednesday, then season ticket holders who also hold an away ticket membership get 1st priority followed by season ticket holders who don’t have an away ticket membership.

I feel you could introduce an away ticket membership like yellow membership. This would give you priority to away tickets along side season ticket holders or just after them but if a points scheme would come into play or for games such as our game next Wednesday, then season ticket holders who also hold an away ticket membership get 1st priority followed by season ticket holders who don’t have an away ticket membership.

Sounds like a good idea!

It's been an interesting debate and one I hope the club is looking at. I did the membership option this year where I think I paid for 6 games in advance, those got used pretty quickly but at the time that membership suited me. Anyway I've got no real skin in the game re the away allocation but my thoughts:-

1) If the club value the certainty of season ticket money in terms of budgeting then season ticket holders always need to be prioritised (as they are).

2) If available tickets for away games are less than the total number of season ticket holders then it would be fairer if there was a 'loyalty' scheme in place, to make sure that if as a season ticket holder you have been to 23 away games then you are more likely to get an away ticket than a season ticket holder who has been to no away games. (I appreciate the club don't normally financially benefit from away ticket sales).

3) Members deserve priority over non-members / non season ticket holders.

It's worth looking at what other clubs do, but my model would be:-

1) Season ticket holders start on 60 points. We've had 55 games this season, and I don't think any member or non season ticket holder (even if they have been to 55 games) should get priority over season ticket holders - if a non-season ticket holder ends up going to all home games then hopefully they see sense and get a season ticket next year! Season ticket holders then get an extra point for every away game ticket they purchase for themselves via OUFC ticket office. i.e. go to 23 away games, you end up on 83 points.

2) If you have prepaid for a Yellow Members+ (prepaid for 6 games I think?), then you start on 6 points. Yellow member+ get a point for every home league game from their 7th game onwards, and you get a point for every away game.

3) Everyone else gets 1 point per game attended if bought via oufc.

Then when we come to Posh away tickets they are made available to season ticket holders in order of priority, you'd need to look at who has what points but it might be something like 600 fans with 80+ points, 400 fans 70-80, 4000 with 60-70.

Above suggestion ensures that regular fans (but non season tickets / non members) get a better chance of securing a high demand ticket (if available) than the fan who just turns up for Arsenal etc.

I think you have to award points on a season on season basis, I say that as someone nearer 50 than 40. We need to give the youngsters a chance to get the bug and if you prioritised someone who had built up points over a number of years then you could end up blocking the chances of younger fans securing in demand away tickets. For me as a youngster it was the away days that got me hooked, the days out and adventures with your mates etc.

Some random thoughts:-

** The club may want to offer 2 or 3 points for an away game that they financially benefited, for a game that would not sell out. For example a 1st round FAC game at Oldham would not sell out, but OUFC would financially benefit with every additional sale. (Note: appreciate I may be overcomplicating it).

** It's worth trialling things soon, then we'll be in a position to know what works if the Posh away situation becomes a more regular occurrence.

** Next year if I buy a membership (as opposed to season ticket) then I'll be buying one for my daughter. A membership for her would have been helpful when it came to booking my Posh home ticket.

** I wasn't a big fan of season ticket holders getting the chance to buy a friend a ticket for the home game before they went on general sale. Fair enough if that was an advertised benefit of season tickets but I don't think it should be. If season ticket holders took up that option then I am sure most would have used it for Oxford fans, but also I'm sure some will have bought it for a non Oxford mate who fancies going to a big game.

You could tweak a loyalty scheme in so many ways, and I think we need a revamped one next season that includes the chance to differentiate between season ticket holders.

It's been an interesting debate and one I hope the club is looking at. I did the membership option this year where I think I paid for 6 games in advance, those got used pretty quickly but at the time that membership suited me. Anyway I've got no real skin in the game re the away allocation but my thoughts:-

1) If the club value the certainty of season ticket money in terms of budgeting then season ticket holders always need to be prioritised (as they are).

2) If available tickets for away games are less than the total number of season ticket holders then it would be fairer if there was a 'loyalty' scheme in place, to make sure that if as a season ticket holder you have been to 23 away games then you are more likely to get an away ticket than a season ticket holder who has been to no away games. (I appreciate the club don't normally financially benefit from away ticket sales).

3) Members deserve priority over non-members / non season ticket holders.

It's worth looking at what other clubs do, but my model would be:-

1) Season ticket holders start on 60 points. We've had 55 games this season, and I don't think any member or non season ticket holder (even if they have been to 55 games) should get priority over season ticket holders - if a non-season ticket holder ends up going to all home games then hopefully they see sense and get a season ticket next year! Season ticket holders then get an extra point for every away game ticket they purchase for themselves via OUFC ticket office. i.e. go to 23 away games, you end up on 83 points.

2) If you have prepaid for a Yellow Members+ (prepaid for 6 games I think?), then you start on 6 points. Yellow member+ get a point for every home league game from their 7th game onwards, and you get a point for every away game.

3) Everyone else gets 1 point per game attended if bought via oufc.

Then when we come to Posh away tickets they are made available to season ticket holders in order of priority, you'd need to look at who has what points but it might be something like 600 fans with 80+ points, 400 fans 70-80, 4000 with 60-70.

Above suggestion ensures that regular fans (but non season tickets / non members) get a better chance of securing a high demand ticket (if available) than the fan who just turns up for Arsenal etc.

I think you have to award points on a season on season basis, I say that as someone nearer 50 than 40. We need to give the youngsters a chance to get the bug and if you prioritised someone who had built up points over a number of years then you could end up blocking the chances of younger fans securing in demand away tickets. For me as a youngster it was the away days that got me hooked, the days out and adventures with your mates etc.

Some random thoughts:-

** The club may want to offer 2 or 3 points for an away game that they financially benefited, for a game that would not sell out. For example a 1st round FAC game at Oldham would not sell out, but OUFC would financially benefit with every additional sale. (Note: appreciate I may be overcomplicating it).

** It's worth trialling things soon, then we'll be in a position to know what works if the Posh away situation becomes a more regular occurrence.

** Next year if I buy a membership (as opposed to season ticket) then I'll be buying one for my daughter. A membership for her would have been helpful when it came to booking my Posh home ticket.

** I wasn't a big fan of season ticket holders getting the chance to buy a friend a ticket for the home game before they went on general sale. Fair enough if that was an advertised benefit of season tickets but I don't think it should be. If season ticket holders took up that option then I am sure most would have used it for Oxford fans, but also I'm sure some will have bought it for a non Oxford mate who fancies going to a big game.

You could tweak a loyalty scheme in so many ways, and I think we need a revamped one next season that includes the chance to differentiate between season ticket holders.
Makes a lot sense. First of these points systems that has!
First and foremost though, sort the computing side of things. It was very clear that there were failings in the system. Once we have a robust and reliable ticketing set up, introduce the points system. Season by season is a nice touch. Keeps everyone on a level playing pitch.

Makes a lot sense. First of these points systems that has!
First and foremost though, sort the computing side of things. It was very clear that there were failings in the system. Once we have a robust and reliable ticketing set up, introduce the points system. Season by season is a nice touch. Keeps everyone on a level playing pitch.
Agree on some of the suggestions by @Upthecowboys .
But your point regarding the system is paramount.
Being repeatedly asked to update your profile & preferences was an absolute joke and sure a system error ( never been required when booking all season )

Agree on some of the suggestions by @Upthecowboys .
But your point regarding the system is paramount.
Being repeatedly asked to update your profile & preferences was an absolute joke and sure a system error ( never been required when booking all season )
It's happened to me a few times this season. It doesn't actually want you to update your profile and preferences, but anyone who'd not had it happen before would assume it did because those two buttons are massive and look like the only two options.

All you need to do is click the tiny "tickets" option and you go back to where you should be.

I think it only happens on a desktop and not the mobile site, although I could be wrong. It is nonsense and totally user unfriendly.

I'm really not a fan of a points system that takes into account away matches, there are likely lots of ST holders who for varying different reasons cannot make a lot of away matches, they should not in my opinion be punished for that. If you wanted to take into consideration things like club shops purchases, number of years ST purchased etc, I'd be more onboard with that, also means you're being rewarded for supporting the club financially (which ultimately helps the team on the pitch)

Having said all of this, I'd be happy with no points system at all, just a ticketing system that actually works and good old fashioned luck of the draw

It's happened to me a few times this season. It doesn't actually want you to update your profile and preferences, but anyone who'd not had it happen before would assume it did because those two buttons are massive and look like the only two options.

All you need to do is click the tiny "tickets" option and you go back to where you should be.

I think it only happens on a desktop and not the mobile site, although I could be wrong. It is nonsense and totally user unfriendly.
Never use a desktop.
Always mobile or tablet .
No one has yet come up with as to why this happened for many on these two games ?
Also, if it doesn’t want you to update, why ask the question at all .

How many points do iFollow watchers get if they're contributing £10 per home game to the club and do away game watches on iFollow count towards away points :unsure:

I am joking by the way.

How many points do iFollow watchers get if they're contributing £10 per home game to the club and do away game watches on iFollow count towards away points :unsure:

I am joking by the way.

None from next season as it’s joint ITV digital and Setanta in the lower level football broadcasters in the sky (not Sky).

I’ve now found my Peterborough away ticket in my Apple wallet. It is hidden to the right of the home match ticket. So my OUFC “card” actually shows the home leg, away leg and season ticket if I swipe right. Rather than a separate card for each event. Or rather I’ve saved it eight times it appears !

Back
Top Bottom