Away Match Day Thread 08/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 2nd Leg - Peterborough vs OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Hope we win of course, but their outright arrogance about thinking they'll roll us over makes you want it even more

Last edited:
Unfortunately I will be on a flight from Frankfurt to Antalya whilst the match is on. I do have an ifollow account with a season pass subscription for overseas which works well.
I see that they put a full replay of the games in the video archives and I have read that this happens following the game, does anyone know how quick the replay appears on ifollow?

The plan is to get back (Antalya) make sure im offline so that I dont get any result updates, connect to the ifollow video archive (the page will already be open so that I do not have to go the OUFC site as it will give me the result instantly) then watch the game with a beer. Just need to know how long after the game is the replay available.

Leaving it till the next day is way too risky, to many friends will text or call (hence phone off)

Never heard of that before, can you confirm you've used it before and that it's safe please? Iss the commentary in English?
I used this for the first leg whilst I was in Germany and its fine, you get the sky commentary, as it is the sky signal that you will be watching

Never heard of that before, can you confirm you've used it before and that it's safe please? Iss the commentary in English?
A few people have mentioned it. Someone also suggested ESPN+ while using a VPN (US) - I couldn't get either to work my end so I didn't take any chances as I couldn't get to the first leg tie annoyingly.

Instead I purchased a monthly subscription on NowTV for about £26. I watched the Bolton - Barnsley game last night, the first leg and will be watching tonight. For one game it's £14.99 which is quite excessive, however for a month £26 isn't terrible as a one-off.

The plan is to get back (Antalya) make sure im offline so that I dont get any result updates, connect to the ifollow video archive (the page will already be open so that I do not have to go the OUFC site as it will give me the result instantly) then watch the game with a beer. Just need to know how long after the game is the replay available.

Leaving it till the next day is way too risky, to many friends will text or call (hence phone off)

I'm almost having palpitations at the prospect of watching in real time. That is something else.

😳 Only three hours twenty one minutes to go! I’m optimistic but don’t think we’ll keep a clean sheet.

Peterborough United 1 - Oxford United 1.

Good enough.

A few people have mentioned it. Someone also suggested ESPN+ while using a VPN (US) - I couldn't get either to work my end so I didn't take any chances as I couldn't get to the first leg tie annoyingly.

Instead I purchased a monthly subscription on NowTV for about £26. I watched the Bolton - Barnsley game last night, the first leg and will be watching tonight. For one game it's £14.99 which is quite excessive, however for a month £26 isn't terrible as a one-off.
ESPN+ won't work in the US, or via a vpn, unless you buy a month's subscription ($10.99), but that's still pretty cheap--better than 26 quid, that's for sure. As for fawanews.com, I've recently found it necessary to put www.fawanews.com or I can't get in. But it seems great--not only free, but no annoying popups, although it sometimes need refreshing if it freezes. But even then, it comes back quickly. The game isn't listed yet, but it will be shortly before kickoff.

I just want us to keep a clean sheet tonight, that's all. Not much to ask.

Knocked off work early. Having a beer in the garden whilst I get the kids fed.

Nerves are building. It's going to be a long night I feel

I use it for all matches that ifollow don't broadcast. Nearly a year now, no problems. If you watch an English match the commentary is in English except for Newcastle and Sunderland matches😄
Try it.

Before Saturday’s game I thought we’d concede, we didn’t. We limited their chances. We’re hard to beat, and coupled with our quick breaks we’ve every reason to be optimistic. 1-1 on the night.
2-1 overall and on we go.

You’ve got plenty of experience though mate, those biscuits will also line the stomach well 🤣
Fratelli's in the Rivergate shopping centre, just a short way from the Premier Inn. In case we ever come back this way for an evening game. 3pm - 5pm pizzas half price. We just had two full pizzas, two glasses of red vino, a San Pellegrino and 2 coffees - total price £27.00! Real Italian pizza and the vino was ok. Not open in the evening though, shame.
The town centre is very depressing, lot of vagrants and run down shops. Queensgate shopping is, what was, the flagship shopping location until both John Lewis and M&S pulled out. A bit more upmarket but, sadly, Peterborough is no tourist attraction despite having a magnicient cathedral. Worth visiting the Cathedral if you are here by accident but otherwise, no.
Nice to see a few Yellows already in town. It's sunny, warm and should stay dry.

We're set for a win. Don't care about the score, just a win.

Back
Top Bottom