Local News Oxfordshire Independent - New alternative

I get their daily updates, and find it quite refreshing to read about Oxfordshire events without any obvious political bias, and without five hundred pop up adverts appearing on every page!

I suggest people give it a try. They've already done a good and impartial stadium piece.

My immediate suspicion was that it would be some kind of extremist or conspiracy thing, but it looks sensible and is written by an actual journalist. I hope he gets more people to contribute and avoids becoming biased, the interface is already 1000% better than the Oxford Mail!

Ahh what a massive massive mistake, latest email sent out was to inform that ALL content will be behind a £4.99 pay wall.

It makes the OM look like fantastic value.

Ahh what a massive massive mistake, latest email sent out was to inform that ALL content will be behind a £4.99 pay wall.

It makes the OM look like fantastic value.
How else is he to get his money then? Online advertising is not what it was.

OI will be going:

A sincere thank you to everyone who has read the OI over the last few months. I’ve really enjoyed it but I will be returning to work for the BBC in a few weeks’ time.

With that in mind, this will be the last newsletter I send out. I will be taking a bit of time off and planning some work for when I (re)start there.

I think the OI has been a qualified success. I have covered some stories that I am sure would not have been otherwise so I am pleased about that.

There are some things I’m not as happy about but I’ll leave that there!

If you have subscribed over recent weeks, I will refund all that I owe you in the coming days. If there are any issues, please email me on nathan@oxfordshireindependent.com or ring me on 07760 972999.

I will leave articles currently behind the paywall behind it for a couple of weeks. But after that I plan to take the paywall down and leave all of the OI’s articles up, at least for the time being.

Thanks again for reading and please remember me if you have any stories in the coming weeks and months.

Back
Top Bottom