General No Leaders

Maybe - although there's an argument that he shouldn't even be in the team at the moment.

Yes, he's our best CB in terms of bringing the ball out, but I'd argue that he's probably our 4th best defender at the position right now. His play for the second goal on Wednesday was just bizarre - he's our CB, we're scrapping for the ball on the far left touchline, and he's pushing up ten yards into the opposition half and getting taken out of the play by the simplest of rolled passes, leaving them 3-on-2.

If we go to 3-5-2 (as we should) then I can see the argument for having Long in there; but if we stick with four at the back, I would rather see Findlay or Brown at LCB. We're in a scrap, and we've got to tighten up defensively.
Hi Tony. Disagree Best defender at the club is Brown. Followed by Long. He’s well worth his place in the team.

Long as captain? Please no, I'm not even sure he should be starting.

Sam Long is the most natural leader in the squad and talks constantly to the players around him. It was noticeable that when Cam Bran was injured Sam was called over and given instructions to pass on to the team. He's struggled at right back but is probably the first team on the team sheet these days.

Sam Long is the most natural leader in the squad and talks constantly to the players around him. It was noticeable that when Cam Bran was injured Sam was called over and given instructions to pass on to the team. He's struggled at right back but is probably the first team on the team sheet these days.

Spot on Egg.

Can’t believe we are agreeing.

Long one of the only lads showing any kind of fight the last 3 defeats.

The other 2? Joseph & Bate. 2 young loan lads. Couldn’t make it up!

Even in a back four I would be starting Long at centre back ahead of Moore right now if it was one or the other. Long and Brown are surely two of the first names on the team sheet.

Letting Taylor leave the dressing room entirely so soon after losing Mousinho was not very clever at all.

If all of the players in our squad put in 75% of the effort Long puts in, we’d be way up the table.

The entire back four should be replaced in the summer in my opinion. 4 clean sheets all season so far.

*puts on kevlar helmet*

The entire back four should be replaced in the summer in my opinion. 4 clean sheets all season so far.

*puts on kevlar helmet*

That's fine if you also want to replace Eastwood (and Stevens who was just as bad last season) along with the midfield who struggle to track back and rarely win a second ball, the wingers who get caught too far up the pitch and leave the full back over loaded, and the forward who appear unable to hold the ball for a few seconds to enable the defence the reset themselves.

Reference the missing coaching staff, I know just what we can do. A couple of blow up dummy's, stick a photo of the missing staff member on the face of each dummy and, lo and behold, Karl will feel so much better!
They may well even do a better job in the warm up.

Yep, all fair points, and Longs commitment is absolutely solid. However, for a while, including Wednesday against Barnsley, he's been poor, and I would keep Moore and Brown, looking to replace the rest for next season if we’re to challenge at the top.

If we’re really wanting to push on, is Long the all round quality that can get us there? No, I'd say. He’s definitely a league one player, but lower half, which we find ourselves in (absolutely no fault of his).

Lack of leaders is a standout issue, as is the shape we insist on playing in when we’ve bought players that all suit a different system.

I agree Long is the only visible leader but for me that’s the only reason he plays at the moment. He looks far better in a back 3 and brilliantly suited to that but both goals were largely his fault in the week which is hard to ignore.

However, to keep to my point, no CB thrives in this team at the moment until it changes shape. Moore would be better in a back 3 and so would Ciaran Brown. But sure… let’s carry on with what’s not worked for 37 games. Good stuff Karl.

It's uncanny, but it bears all the hallmarks of a manager who hasn't got a clue what his best team, most effective formation or tactics are....

It's almost like he's completely lost his way...and worse still, anyone who suggests this might be the case is summarily removed from their role.....

Weird[emoji848]

That's fine if you also want to replace Eastwood (and Stevens who was just as bad last season) along with the midfield who struggle to track back and rarely win a second ball, the wingers who get caught too far up the pitch and leave the full back over loaded, and the forward who appear unable to hold the ball for a few seconds to enable the defence the reset themselves.
Yeah that sounds fine

4 points out of a possible 21 since Mousiniho felt he needed to get out of the madhouse.

Along with Taylor a huge loss the dressing room.

Back
Top Bottom