Ref Watch New Timekeeping guidelines

What happens to the thames travel buses for the home games which leave 20 minutes after (supposedly) when the game is supposed to end, they never take into account injury time most of the time already.
They do typically wait for a few extra minutes based on stoppage time.
When they don't, that's because everyone who bought a return ticket has already boarded

It could be some long Tuesday nights if you are playing Stevenage and the like midweek!

View attachment 14959

well, yes. Perhaps it is because of that 'time management' you employed that people thought it might be a good idea to reinforce the timekeeping rules.

Although the time lost getting the ball out of your own net and back to the center circle 5 times a game will eat up loads of time...
I was going to post that quite and say how embarrassing it is to admit that, but also good he owns it!

Games are definitely going to be longer just watching the Sheffield Wednesday Vs Southampton game there's been 6 mins at half time and 9mins at full time added on also lots of yellow cards for well not much really

Based on tonight's game, expect any team trying to see out a result to have their goalkeeper booked for time wasting if starts taking his time over goal kicks.

No bad thing. Ryan Alsop isn't ever going to finish a game based on that.
Will a Ref really have the guts to show another yellow card I highly doubt it but it wouldn't be a bad thing if they did ... I just think once that goalie has been booked that's it they won't get two yellows

Based on tonight's game, expect any team trying to see out a result to have their goalkeeper booked for time wasting if starts taking his time over goal kicks.
Good. Let's hope they keep doing it and have the guts to give a second if they do it again. They played 7 minutes extra time in the first half and 10 in the second in that game tonight. If they persist, perhaps teams will stop the time-wasting and those numbers will come down somewhat.

One swallow doesn't make a summer but I thought this was much improved on Saturday.

The multi-ball system kept play going well and the ref was all over Jack Stevens at goal kicks meaning he couldn't waste (much) time. It was noticeable that there was only 1 injury that required the physio to come on the pitch and the Cambridge man did get up-ended by Moore for that to the extent that he landed badly so it was a genuine injury. Post-treatment, he then spent the full 30 seconds off the pitch before coming back on. Rodrigues was booked for kicking the ball away - good, that really annoys me because it is nothing more than cheating. I don't recall any Cambridge players going down with a dodgy knee or ankle only to find a miraculous cure prior to the physio being called on the pitch. Cambridge could have really time wasted in their position but weren't allowed to by the new rules.

Let's hope this continues to be enforced.

It’s working for me when I see Pep whingeing about it when Man City lost the Charity Shield. With their track record for fair play on the financial side I wouldn’t be moaning about punters getting value for money with the ticket prices.

Agreed.

They basically stamped out timewasting in international football over the course of a single tournament in Qatar last year. Let's hope that bringing those same regulations over to the football league does the same for us.

Fascinating to see how many managers and players are whining about it. It's almost as if they feel that they've spent so much time and effort over their careers learning how to cheat effectively that now that they're actually going to have to play 90 minutes of football instead, the toys are coming out the prams.......

Back
Top Bottom