League One Burton v Cambridge

I did not end up going to the match in the end having indian with wife in end as we have just had good news that she has not got cancer today so that is a relief sorry off topic... Father inlaw still gone.

I had to walk past the away pub on way to my local and Cambridge bought quite a few..

How buzzing would we be if we needed this result to go our way now with burton winning!. So glad we don't can just enjoy the evening.
Coyy

I did not end up going to the match in the end having indian with wife in end as we have just had good news that she has not got cancer today so that is a relief sorry off topic... Father inlaw still gone.

I had to walk past the away pub on way to my local and Cambridge bought quite a few..

How buzzing would we be if we needed this result to go our way now with burton winning!. So glad we don't can just enjoy the evening.
Coyy

Good stuff. (y)

Coyy
Good news about your wife, hope you both celebrate well :)

Anyone else notice that 12 clubs in league 1 have lost at least 20 games this season? that must be a record and maybe a reason why despite us not winning for 17 games we werent rock bottom by a million miles.

Anyone else notice that 12 clubs in league 1 have lost at least 20 games this season? that must be a record and maybe a reason why despite us not winning for 17 games we werent rock bottom by a million miles.
Ww could have 50 points after Saturday.
In no season ever has a team been rock bottom on 50 points

y
Ww could have 50 points after Saturday.
In no season ever has a team been rock bottom on 50 points
we arent far off 23rd though and if more teams wouldve not lost so much then it couldve been a lot closer, apart from FGR.

the two previous seasons there was 10 clubs on 20 defeats or more the season before that 7. Shows that alot of teams havent picked up the points that would normally happen.

All said and done we would have been safe after all how good is it that we did not need it in the end. Bring on Saturday go out on a win and 50 points. Good morale boost for next season.

MK to go down with Cambridge for me. The pressure is all on MK to win at Burton on Sunday especially after their dropped points against Barnsley. I think Morecambe (won their last 3) will win away at Exeter (lost their last 6) and Cambridge will win at home to FGR. Burton have been very strong recently and their win tonight shows they are not on the beach and are playing for the integrity of the league.

Like any sane person, I’d love the franchise to go down. And to keep getting relegated to about the tenth tier. If they then work their way back up the football league, I’ll be happy to accept them as a genuine club.

I’d like Cambridge to stay as up. If they don’t, and Reading aren’t relegated, then we won’t have a derby next year. 😉

Like any sane person, I’d love the franchise to go down. And to keep getting relegated to about the tenth tier. If they then work their way back up the football league, I’ll be happy to accept them as a genuine club.

I’d like Cambridge to stay as up. If they don’t, and Reading aren’t relegated, then we won’t have a derby next year. 😉
Please forgive me MJB but very selfishly I want them to stay up.
Only game of the season I can walk to and get bevved up. My son lives in MK so wifey drops me off and looks after grandkids. So for rest of the family it’s then beer time, lunch, more beer, footie, even more beer then walk back followed by the customary Chinese takeaway plus a nice red or two. 🍻 🍷

Please forgive me MJB but very selfishly I want them to stay up.
Only game of the season I can walk to and get bevved up. My son lives in MK so wifey drops me off and looks after grandkids. So for rest of the family it’s then beer time, lunch, more beer, footie, even more beer then walk back followed by the customary Chinese takeaway plus a nice red or two. 🍻 🍷
I’ll allow it as that sounds like 10/10 day!

On Sunday: Cambridge v FGR, Burton v MK Dons. If Cambridge win (likely) MK Dons must also win to stay up. Dons must now be regretting letting a 4-1 lead v Barnsley end 4-4.

Don't forget Morecambe as well with wins in their last 3 games. They play away at Exeter who haven't won in 7 and lost the last 6 straight. Exeter also have an injury crisis apparently. If MK don't, at least, match Morecambe's result (should they win or draw) then MK would drop into the relegation spots. If Morecambe win, Cambridge can't stay up regardless of what MK do.

Back
Top Bottom