EPL Baldy - an apology

dickwalton1964

Whether the Qataris win the bid or not (it seems likely they will) for Manchester United I think a posthumous apology to Baldy is due. Ridiculing him for his foresight and vision all those years ago that the Qataris are coming was a forum past time.

How apt if Baldy’s headstone in the forum graveyard quoted Nigel Farage on departing the European Parliament …… “all those years ago you all laughed at me, well you’re not laughing now are you!” …

Apologies, Baldy.

Next up in "Threads you thought you would never see" comes a long overdue rebalancing in "Charlie Methvan, you were right about the enjoyment of EDM in Chinos after all"
To be in keeping with this one it would need to be started by @Lundinsponytail, although I don't think he tried to hide his identity.

Any other old members knocking around with alter-egos?

Whether the Qataris win the bid or not (it seems likely they will) for Manchester United I think a posthumous apology to Baldy is due. Ridiculing him for his foresight and vision all those years ago that the Qataris are coming was a forum past time.

How apt if Baldy’s headstone in the forum graveyard quoted Nigel Farage on departing the European Parliament …… “all those years ago you all laughed at me, well you’re not laughing now are you!” …

Apologies, Baldy.
Didn’t you say that it was the Saudi’s who were coming at the time, Baldy?

And wasn't Baldys nemesis an Arsenal supporter who was ridiculed for how bad Arsenal were.......

All we need now is to find out the World isn't flat...

And wasn't Baldys nemesis an Arsenal supporter who was ridiculed for how bad Arsenal were.......

Moobs, I believe.

It would be very in-character for Baldy to make a public reappearance round about now, given that after about a decade of (comparative) ineptitude, Man U finally seem to have a decent manager and hope for the future again.......

No, I think that was the one started by 'PSGSupporter' the other week about some random Rugby League player or something. Or last year's Summer Transfer Window thread.
Last years summer transfer thread was epic. Actually the only good bit of a truly shite transfer window was that thread, watching as the hopes crashed around us, scotch egg trying to claim we were doing good business even though everyone else could see we had huge gaps in the squad, then the final few days where we made a signing of a unknown full back who wasn't a full back from Lazio of all places.

Worryingly i am starting to think this coming one might top it.

Last years summer transfer thread was epic. Actually the only good bit of a truly shite transfer window was that thread, watching as the hopes crashed around us, scotch egg trying to claim we were doing good business even though everyone else could see we had huge gaps in the squad, then the final few days where we made a signing of a unknown full back who wasn't a full back from Lazio of all places.

Worryingly i am starting to think this coming one might top it.
It may have been epic to dip in and out of, but us mods had to read the whole lot!

No, I think that was the one started by 'PSGSupporter' the other week about some random Rugby League player or something. Or last year's Summer Transfer Window thread.
I'm still waiting for my apology thread from that Summer thread, I read some of it back like the loser I am and in today's context it looks like I possessed a crystal ball.

Back
Top Bottom