Zebra Finance removing option to pay for Season Tickets in instalments

McVicar

I have seen quite a lot of mentions today on Social Media that Zebra Finance (who OUFC currently use), are no longer offering payment plans for Season Tickets, starting next season. Will be interesting to see if OUFC explore alternative options as I know lots of people who currently use this (including me!)

Not just us that use them, Villa, Wycombe & Millwall do as well amongst many others.
Leeds have taken it in house and appear to be the only ones who have. It will certainly create a huge old cash flow issue for many clubs.

It looks like Ticketmaster offer payment plans. I wonder if this can be integrated into the OUFC ticket shop?

If the club don't put something in place, that's 2 season tickets that wont be renewed, cant afford it up front, which then puts us at risk of missing out on any 'big' games next season.

If the club don't put something in place, that's 2 season tickets that wont be renewed, cant afford it up front, which then puts us at risk of missing out on any 'big' games next season.
I assume that oufc and all of the other clubs are trying to see what can be done.
Let's hope they can come up with something.

To be honest i rely on the instalment option so if that's not there I'd really struggle to find the money to pay up front, when i say struggle i mean no chance.

Walsall issue a statement regarding Zebra Finance.

Would have thought someone would step in as a replacement. Nice little business niche surely?

Well this is s**t news for me, was relying on installments for next season. Fresh out of uni and on the back of paying for holidays and car insurance I simply will not have £330 to spend on a season ticket. Surely clubs need to find a solution or can see a large drop in st sales.

Well this is s**t news for me, was relying on installments for next season. Fresh out of uni and on the back of paying for holidays and car insurance I simply will not have £330 to spend on a season ticket. Surely clubs need to find a solution or can see a large drop in st sales.

I`m guessing "Uni" doesn`t teach the finer arts of saving/budgeting or (heaven forbid) not going on multiple holidays?
:unsure::)

Matt Everett confirmed on Twitter that the club are actively seeking an alternative to Zebra Finance.

Even if just 5% of fans pay for their season tickets this way, that's hundreds of people potentially affected. Fingers crossed they can make arrangements in a timely manner.

Wasn’t it some sort of 0% interest but £15 admin fee ? Doesn’t take a lot of defaults for the finance company to lose out.

I`m guessing "Uni" doesn`t teach the finer arts of saving/budgeting or (heaven forbid) not going on multiple holidays?
:unsure::)
I was exagerating a bit but the point still stands, some people won't be able to afford it
Besides that would be silly else I wouldn't be spending £350 on a season ticket!? I'll get the money for it though because it's still the best part of a year of entertainment.

Wasn’t it some sort of 0% interest but £15 admin fee ? Doesn’t take a lot of defaults for the finance company to lose out.

never used this system and whilst i understand defaults impact a finance company, surely in such occurences the ticket and therefore person is flagged and prevented from use or everyone would just do it?

for those that use the system what is the monthly to the finance company when compared to pay on the day twice a month?

never used this system and whilst i understand defaults impact a finance company, surely in such occurences the ticket and therefore person is flagged and prevented from use or everyone would just do it?

for those that use the system what is the monthly to the finance company when compared to pay on the day twice a month?
not used for a few years but seem to remember paying £30 a month over 10 months so worked out about £10 cheaper a month

Back
Top Bottom