General Behind The Username

Wandering Yellow

Pretty simple one really, why is your username your username.

Obviously, for many like SteMerritt or DidcotOx, it is pretty self-explanatory. But I'd like to know why Sarge is called Sarge, is his surname Sarge or was he in the army? Does Werthers have a taste for werthers originals?

I'll start. Pretty boring really, I've lived in lots of different locations, and I'm a Yellow.

Retained from the old OM board when I lived in Essex.

I am ITK as to why several folk have the usernames they do. FACT.

:)

Pretty simple one really, why is your username your username.

Obviously, for many like SteMerritt or DidcotOx, it is pretty self-explanatory. But I'd like to know why Sarge is called Sarge, is his surname Sarge or was he in the army? Does Werthers have a taste for werthers originals?

I'll start. Pretty boring really, I've lived in lots of different locations, and I'm a Yellow.
Its what Ive be know as / called ( there have been occasional other things ive been called too), by many since primary school in the very early 60s & ever since ....its simply an abbriviation of my surname

When I signed up for the previous forum (it must have been the one before that), I simply didn't know what was wanted when I was asked for my username. As I didn't have any other username than the one I use for work (a couple of initials and my last name) I supplied that. I had NO IDEA I was supposed to come up with something interesting, clever, or memorable. However, it all worked out for the best as Silverox contacted me soon thereafter, realizing that there could only be one Oxford United fan with my last name, and we reconnected after probably 40 years.

I then tried to be a bit clever with my next username, but then added my first name to it after someone (Charlie's ghost, I think) complained, once again, about keyboard warriors hiding behind their anonymity. [EDIT: I am NOT, and never have been, a keyboard warrior!!! Or any other warrior, come to think about it.]

Malaysia Yellow doesn't live in Malaysia?!
I was teasing. Lived in Malaysia (Amazing country, food and people) for 5 years, before lived in Singapore and HK for 10 years. Malaysia is now "home", I support a side here called Negeri Sembilan which is also the state.

Am also part of the Malaysia Ultra's. Sorry to say, if Malaysia played England I would have to support Malaysia.

Named after a former hero who never got the credit he deserved.

A player who can do it on a Monday afternoon at Torquay and from the baseline of his local tennis court.

A man that we should have never let go.

LJS or Long John Silver as it was on the previous forum incarnation.

Either because I have one leg and like parrots, or because the aforesaid character was once played by an actor with a 'similar' name to mine. Aye.

I was teasing. Lived in Malaysia (Amazing country, food and people) for 5 years, before lived in Singapore and HK for 10 years. Malaysia is now "home", I support a side here called Negeri Sembilan which is also the state.

Am also part of the Malaysia Ultra's. Sorry to say, if Malaysia played England I would have to support Malaysia.
Did you grow up in Oxford?

Did you grow up in Oxford?
Yes, I was born in Bedford for my sins (there is no effing way I am supporting Luton). Then lived in Norfolk and IoW before moving to Oxford. Started at Cranes Court, then Wolvercote First, followed by Summertown Middle. Stints in Papua New Guinea around a year at Oxford Boys, before ending up in Gosford Hill, then OCHE.

I actually supported Watford first because of Luther Blisset and John Barnes. But then my best mate signed YTS forms with Oxford so there started my affinity with the Yellows. I was a left sider on LR. I flew back for the Playoff final. Donated season tickets to Sobell House and have about 10 shirts from over the years which confuses the hell out of all the BPL followers here in Malaysia

To avoid any confusion:
Mines derived from where I sit whilst attending matches and not connected to the location of the 1970 IOW pop festival.

Back
Top Bottom