Fan's View Your favourite moments from last season

Leysboy

Home games

I have to say the winner at home to Sheffield Wednesday was great, but also the late equaliser from McNally against Ipswich was brilliant, because I don’t think we deserved anything from that game.

Away games

Watching CamBran set a record of pens at Gillingham was incredible, but also watching Sykes and CamBran link up to set Matt Taylor up at Wigan, which for me was a classic Oxford goal, and I think our best goal of the season.

There is probably other good moments, but they were my favourites.

Sheff Weds and Pompey at home, the 3-2 comebacks, brilliant.
McNally v Ipswich GTFI.
But for sheer unrivalled limbs for me it has to be James Henry away to Sheffield Wednesday.
Great season.

The entire club paying its respects to Joey...not a dry eye in the house.
Apart from that, nothing on-field really sticks out, Pompey and Sheff Weds (both) the highlights.

Easiest answer.

Home - Cambridge

Away - Sheffield Wednesday

Best individual moment - Those 10 minutes away just after half time at Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup replay where Taylor came on & scored that penalty!

Last edited:
Apart from that, nothing on-field really sticks out, Pompey and Sheff Weds (both) the highlights.

Yes on the Joey game. It was my 1st live game of the season so I was so glad to be able to pay my respects.

For me home Vs Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth both great come back
And away Vs Charlton we literally ripped them apart on their own turf

The goal away at Wigan.
From just off your goal line.
Just something special

I'm not quite sure why, but Marcus Browne's goal at Portsmouth really excited me. Maybe because I thought we would have such an exciting player available down the stretch.

Got to be the late winner against Pompey. Followed by the meltdown from Pompey fans saying we cheated our way to 3 points. Priceless

The only thing winall did all season, great header and send the wankers home with nowt.

Aforementioned Williams motm performance and goal at home to Charlton:
The comebacks;
The look of amazement on a EPL club supporting work colleague's face when I showed him our goal of the season contenders video

Cambridge Sheff W and Pompey obviously, but for me the whole first half against Burton, just brilliant. And James Henry hat trick against Lincoln

The goal away at Wigan.
From just off your goal line.
Just something special

Agree with this - if Neymar, Messi & Mbappe had put together a goal like that for PSG, the pundits wouldn't have stopped talking about it for a month!
As it is, it's just us and the Wigan fans got to experience the Sykes, Cam & Matty T show (and only we got to enjoy it!)

That was the highest quality moment of the season. The biggest 'go nuts' moment was the winner in either of the Wednesday games or Pompey at home.......take your pick, all were equally epic!

Both Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton away games for me, both were train journeys, 14 year old grandson came to both games (he thinks he is a hooligan now) and both games ended up away wins. The only negatives for both days were it pi$$ed down with rain. I suppose you can’t have everything.
I do agree with the goal at Wigan though, my first visit there. It took ages to get there from Lincoln, nearly as bad to drive back home however the slick passing leading up to the goal was worthy of top flight football standard.

Away:

Sheffield Wednesday was my favourite moment. Unbridled joy and thoroughly deserved.

Charlton was a great day until the news of Joey’s death came through. Delighted to devastated in the time it took to read a text message.

Home:

Wednesday and Pompey are hard to top.

Cambridge, for different reasons. The whole club, united and classy. I’ll never forget it.

Surprised you think that.
Loads of stand out moments I reckon

My favourite moment was James Henry's winner at Wednesday. Great game in fantastic old stadium and what a finish.
Then Wednesday and Pompey at home.
Cambridge at home was emotional and the club did Joey proud.
Some teriffic football matches last season

Back
Top Bottom