General Yesteryear

The last tackle on Moody was an absolute shocker. Still remember it now. What a b****r Thompson was.

23 years have done nothing to quell my broiling sense of injustice at that game.

3 Cardiff men should have gone, and Moody stayed! Bluebirds of that era were an utter bunch of thugs.

23 years have done nothing to quell my broiling sense of injustice at that game.

3 Cardiff men should have gone, and Moody stayed! Bluebirds of that era were an utter bunch of thugs.
Watching that video brought back the memories of what an open warfare game that was. Cardiff really were thugs that day.

Watching that video brought back the memories of what an open warfare game that was. Cardiff really were thugs that day.
One thing thats remained constant since then is low standard and low quality of most (e) football league referees :confused:

Big Ron restrained by his brother, Graham.

Who are the other U’s players ?

Is that David Sloan on the left or the pic? (first International player to play for OUFC?- also scored the only goal against scum , when they were league cup holders, in a 1-0 win in an early league cup round)

Maybe Colin 'Nobby' Clarke on the right of the Atkinson brothers?

Sloany yes, but the number 9 was the one and only ....... (pause for effect)

Ray GASTON

I had erased him from my life for nearly 5 decades

PS a colour picture would have shown his ginger barnet and rosey red cheeks, all huff and puff but no end result, a poor mans DUFFY

edit : many typos

Last edited:
Sloany yes, but the number 9 was the one and only ....... (pause for effect)

Ray GASTON

I had erased him from my life for nearly 5 decades

PS a colour picture would have shown his ginger barnet and rosey red cheeks, all huff and puff but no end result, a poor mans DUFFY

edit : many typos

I had, all but, forgotten that red-faced, red-haired, permanently out of breath Ray Gaston too @Mermaid

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom