General Yesteryear

Have you ever looked at the dates/trophy boards between ssu and ssl?
Good point! I did, about 15 or so years ago when they were first put up. I shall pay more attention next season... Assuming we aren't playing home games at Wycombe that is...

Mick Vinter makes it 3-2 in the last minute turning in a John Aldridge cross past Millers ‘keeper Bobby Mimms.

EX0yB_RWAAIU1N6
Bring back goalmouths with no grass! Proper football!

Bring back goalmouths with no grass! Proper football!
If you catch any of the Big Match Revisited repeats they show on ITV4 occasionally, it really brings home how pitches have changed!

Watch that a couple of times to remind yourself and you'll be laughing next time you hear a modern day manager say 'the pitch was a bit dry' or 'the pitch was a bit uneven'!!!

If you catch any of the Big Match Revisited repeats they show on ITV4 occasionally, it really brings home how pitches have changed!

Watch that a couple of times to remind yourself and you'll be laughing next time you hear a modern day manager say 'the pitch was a bit dry' or 'the pitch was a bit uneven'!!!

Loved the old pitches and makes you wonder what some of the players of that era would of been like on a modern pitch, rather than playing on mixture of mud, sand and a bit of grass!

Loved the old pitches and makes you wonder what some of the players of that era would of been like on a modern pitch, rather than playing on mixture of mud, sand and a bit of grass!
Last line describes the playing surface at the skip when we beat em there a month or so ago

Would've been nice to make it 10 years between playoff victories last year but 11 will do me fine!

ON THIS DAY :

June 11th 1985

QPR announce the appointment of Jim Smith as the club’s new manager.
R’s chairman Jim Gregory acted quickly after Smith could not agree improved terms with U’s chairman Robert Maxwell
following United’s promotion to the top flight.

EGmJ4O1WkAIqCEM

Back
Top Bottom