International News yellow vests in France... whats happening?

Sarge

God like member
Apparently theres a total embargo /ban on uk media outlets reporting on the ongoing protests this weekend in France?

Limited information and , for now, as yet unsubstantiated,.... says there have been over a dozen fatalities, a number of protesters have also lost limbs also others have lost their eyesight, hundreds hospitalised due to injuries, ....allegedly resulting in clashes with authorities, while protesting against Macron's regime

Does anyone know anything about the situation regarding protests in France this weekend?

Plenty of stuff on Twitter that Macron doesn’t want the world to see.

This is Caen yesterday.

1548623209228.jpeg

Europe's wonder boy has spectacularly lost control of his domestic affairs and his intransigence is making it worse - the Ivory Tower is awfully tall at times. In some respects, he makes the Maybot look competent. The fact through all of his hounding of the leaders and clampdowns, hasn't slowed it down, is interesting.

Some of the reporting out of France is disturbing to see - some of the actions of the police/army is sickening. Is Macron too arrogant to understand that he's escalating the situation each time he acts?

Dear me, no. The rightist minority are banging out propaganda. Are a whole 1% of the French people turning up for these events? No.

I was over there recently for Gloucester Rugbys game at Castres, we stayed in Toulouse which seemed to be fairly badly hit by protests over the Saturday night....lots of windows smashed in big name shops and banks etc

In Castres there was also a protest on the Saturday afternoon but this was a lot more peaceful.

Didn't see any signs of lost limbs etc in the incidents i saw.

It looks like there were more life changing injuries in the latest protests in France today. What are Macron's security forces up to? It's the sort of behaviour that just encourages the movement.

Apparently theres a total embargo /ban on uk media outlets reporting on the ongoing protests this weekend in France?

Limited information and , for now, as yet unsubstantiated,.... says there have been over a dozen fatalities, a number of protesters have also lost limbs also others have lost their eyesight, hundreds hospitalised due to injuries, ....allegedly resulting in clashes with authorities, while protesting against Macron's regime

Does anyone know anything about the situation regarding protests in France this weekend?
Why is there an embargo on UK media reporting on this?

It looks like there were more life changing injuries in the latest protests in France today. What are Macron's security forces up to? It's the sort of behaviour that just encourages the movement.

Tbf, if you pick up a live/thrown rubber pellet grenade and it explodes blowing off your fingers then you are culpable for your own injuries.

Although, not yet known if it is linked or not, the leader of their parliament had their house set on fire.

I'm not sure the remaining Yellow Vests really need an excuse anyway, they've been quite happy to be violent on others/security forces and inflict criminal damage on property.

I've seen very little from the BBC on it. They're mainly reporting the No-Deal ferry contract story today when more noteworthy news is taking place across the channel.

Why is there an embargo on UK media reporting on this?
started the thread 2 weeks ago ... when, two weeks ago sunday there wasnt much in the way of info /news from France(at the time of posting) - although there were soundbites/snippets etc via social media .... snippets filtered through later aweek ago last sunday eventually via mainstream news (tv etc) ...(thread/ first post was posted up 27th January) ...much water under the bridge since & much news (mainstream been reported on since)

I've seen very little from the BBC on it. They're mainly reporting the No-Deal ferry contract story today when more noteworthy news is taking place across the channel.

There was an article about the bloke losing his fingers yesterday. There was an article on how some of disparate groups in Yellow Vests are forming their own political parties, and whether that will have any effect given the range of views, a day or so before that.

There was an article about the bloke losing his fingers yesterday. There was an article on how some of disparate groups in Yellow Vests are forming their own political parties, and whether that will have any effect given the range of views, a day or so before that.

I'm not saying there's no coverage. I'm saying there's very little coverage.

Back
Top Bottom