Yellow Submarine at Northampton

Not quite You'll Never Walk Again or even the Coventry 'anthem' (refer to Wembley)?

Just an opinion

It's a chant, not an anthem.

We have no songs!
We have dozens and dozens of songs! Far more than most English clubs. Most clubs that play us have about 3 or 4 maximum, how many do you want?!
This is a historic song and loudest chant for our club, it's also iconic and totally original in the style in which we sing it. Any other club would call that an anthem :)

We have dozens and dozens of songs! Far more than most English clubs. Most clubs that play us have about 3 or 4 maximum, how many do you want?!
This is a historic song and loudest chant for our club, it's also iconic and totally original in the style in which we sing it. Any other club would call that an anthem :)

What songs are these then?
All most know is yellows yellows yellows..

Yellow Submarine, Oh when the U's, Oxford Oxford Oxford, Everywhere we go, Sha lalala OUFC, If I had the wings of a Sparrow, Swindon Town is falling down, When the red red Robin, Yellow and Blue keep your shape, Yellow and Blue Army da da da da daaa, We're the yellow and blue army, Chim Chimeny, Hello Hello We are the Oxford Boys, If you all hate Swindon clap..., Stand up if you hate Swindon, We love you Oxford, Oxford till I die, We'll never be mastered, "managers" yellow army, Take me home London Road, We are the left/right side.

That's just a few off the top of my head, there's tons of newer player songs sung every game as well. Have you seriously not heard any of those? They're sung every game home and away! I've never heard another club sing that many when we've played them...:D

Yellow Submarine, Oh when the U's, Oxford Oxford Oxford, Everywhere we go, Sha lalala OUFC, If I had the wings of a Sparrow, Swindon Town is falling down, When the red red Robin, Yellow and Blue keep your shape, Yellow and Blue Army da da da da daaa, We're the yellow and blue army, Chim Chimeny, Hello Hello We are the Oxford Boys, If you all hate Swindon clap..., Stand up if you hate Swindon, We love you Oxford, Oxford till I die, We'll never be mastered, "managers" yellow army, Take me home London Road, We are the left/right side.

That's just a few off the top of my head, there's tons of newer player songs sung every game as well. Have you seriously not heard any of those? They're sung every game home and away! I've never heard another club sing that many when we've played them...

Apart from those ones

Apart from those ones

All pretty generic and songs sung by other clubs with a few changes.

We have nothing that sets us apart!

Apart from yellow submarine, take me home London Rd, yellow and blue down the line.

Like others have said previously I’d quite like to come out to perkele. As that’s also unique. But It was the number u were concerned by rather than the uniqueness wasn’t it? And to be fair the form and results we’ve been having don’t help with the atmosphere, but days like yesterday Oufc fans were all that u could hear on the radio

If it’s not tracksuits and leisurewear, it’s the Irish or our repertoire of songs. Some people are never happy!!

When I was listening to RadOx commentary a few games back, I could hear “Leader of the gang” being sung but I’m sure it was home fans (Walsall? Maybe), It’s a shame the songs legacy was destroyed by that piece of vermin, as we’d seemed to have adopted that song as a bit of an anthem in the 90’s.

Back
Top Bottom