Yellow Submarine at Northampton

All you need to do for something unique is pull an obscure song from the 60s onwards out of a hat, and then a theme/subject line from another and then make it work. For example, a song to show our collective hatred of Swindon, to the tune of Rock On by David Essex.

When I was listening to RadOx commentary a few games back, I could hear “Leader of the gang” being sung but I’m sure it was home fans (Walsall? Maybe), It’s a shame the songs legacy was destroyed by that piece of vermin, as we’d seemed to have adopted that song as a bit of an anthem in the 90’s.

I take it you weren’t around in the 70s then...

I take it you weren’t around in the 70s then...
No, I know it’s a 70’s song but I didn’t realise it was sung at OUFC before. You learn something every day! I started going in 1984 but didn’t hear it from the London Road until around 1992/3.

No, I know it’s a 70’s song but I didn’t realise it was sung at OUFC before. You learn something every day! I started going in 1984 but didn’t hear it from the London Road until around 1992/3.

Beckoning the opposition fans whilst chanting “come on come on” etc was a staple in the LR back then ?

Back
Top Bottom