Yellow Cards

captainox

Just had a look at soccerbase to look at our yellow card counts.
The following players are all sat on 4 yellow cards in the league and therefore just 1 yellow away from a 1 match ban:
Cameron Brannagan
Rob Dickie
Alex Gorrin
Jamie Mackie
Matty Taylor (3 for us and 1 for Bristol City)

The cut off is 19 league games. So it looks highly inevitable that some/all of them will miss a game at some point. Hopefully, they don't all end up missing the same game!

Edit: just seen oufcstats on twitter put something similar up last night. We've got the most bookings in the league!

Last edited:
We are not a dirty team but seem to pick I
Up yellows regularly.
Taylor's and Mackies yesterday were daft and with a different ref we (and they) could have had men sent off.

Up yellows regularly.
Taylor's and Mackies yesterday were daft and with a different ref we (and they) could have had men sent off.
mayve imagined it, but werent at least 2 (or 3 ) of yesterdays yellow cards for 'dissent' ?

mayve imagined it, but werent at least 2 (or 3 ) of yesterdays yellow cards for 'dissent' ?
Don't know about yesterday in particular, but that is an area that could certainly be improved! It's not as if the dissent ever has any positive effect and now that a yellow card is often given for pretty innocuous fouls, players have immediately reduced their effectiveness once they've been given one for dissent - there is no leeway for a mistimed tackle. The ones I really hate are when a players runs half way across the pitch to yell at the ref and gets booked - you can't even blame that on a momentary 'red mist', it's just idiocy.

It seems ironic that we have collected the most yellow cards but we are the most fouled team

Up yellows regularly.
We have committed the most fouls in the division with 172. Wimbledon are second on 160. We’ve also got the most cards with 28.

Most fouls + most yellows = dirtiest team in the league. I quite like that to be honest, no complaints from me, but let’s not pretend we aren’t.

Just because you commit the most fouls doesn’t mean you are a dirty team.
I mean the likes of Brannagan and Gorrin don’t shy away from a tackle do they but I wouldn’t say they were dirty.

I mean the likes of Brannagan and Gorrin don’t shy away from a tackle do they but I wouldn’t say they were dirty.
Hmm, I'd say (that unless you somehow rated every challenge) that the team that commits the most fouls and also has the most yellows probably is the 'dirtiest'! Not that a challenge has to be particularly dirty nowadays to be a foul or even a yellow...

Need to get Mr Briggs up the training ground to show them where they're getting it wrong.

We have committed the most fouls in the division with 172. Wimbledon are second on 160. We’ve also got the most cards with 28.

Most fouls + most yellows = dirtiest team in the league. I quite like that to be honest, no complaints from me, but let’s not pretend we aren’t.
Not necessarily. Is dissent 'dirty'?
What about red cards? Some have 2 to 3 red cards.
In the fair play table, Sunderland and Tranmere are worse than us and I guess more dirty in your terminology?

Henry and Mackie were both booked in the incident with their left back. Mackie didnt need to get involved but was sticking up for his mate!
Taylor went through on the keeper in frustration.
Branagan was little unlucky in my view. They had 5 bookings.
Yesterday was the kind if game where the team really had to stand up to Accrington who were pretty rough. Still a couple of daft bookings though.

The problem is Ref's are only human(not sure about Kettle) so if you keep on that them I imagine at some point they are going to get annoyed and book you even if what you are saying is right

The problem is Ref's are only human(not sure about Kettle) so if you keep on that them I imagine at some point they are going to get annoyed and book you even if what you are saying is right
Dissent is often trying to get the ref to change his mind about something, and I can remember only very very few occasions when that made any difference (mostly when asking the ref to consult with the lino). I don't remember people being booked on those occasions - I guess that dissent isn't 'dirty', but it is certainly not worth continually pointing out the supposed errors of the refs ways unless you are very very sure and think the lino might have seen something. Of Mackie's yellows, I wonder how many were for dissent! Any how many of them were for an incident in which he initially played absolutely no part :)

Back
Top Bottom