Yanny or Laurel ??

Yanny or Laurel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Neither. I hear something like “Yerry”. What’s the point of this exercise? Why is it important to compare these 2 random words?

After many more listens, I have now concluded that this is recorded in the station announcers box at Kings Cross Station, where the announcer states "Laurel" over the tannoy. Meanwhile, it is bring your child to work day, and his young daughter is having an in depth whispered conversation with her teddy bear "Yanny" two rooms away.

Very odd, whichever one you are thinking of you hear. I wouldn’t have believed it but having tried it .......

Using that as a basis, I can get it to say "greenstorm" and "brain needle".

[emoji102][emoji102]. Now that’s messing with my mind.

I like this one as well. Depending which end of the pic u are looking the train changes direction
d7fa70698a36d6b04283b8cf5ecc3dae.jpg

I like this one as well. Depending which end of the pic u are looking the train changes direction

Not dissimilar to images of spoked wheels appearing to turn the wrong way. Optical illusions I can accept having been aware of them for a long time. These audible illusions (if that is what they are called) are just downright strange.

A technical person I know told me it's to do with frequencies your head is attuned to. Reminded me of the old horizontal hold knob. (this is not a judo move, like downward dog).

Moving to the matter at hand, both Lady Cannell and my good self listened with great attention to the audio clip last evening and we both went like "Yanni WTF! Get the f**k out of it, It's Laurel!". This may be sad but this is how we talk now that we have no butler to moderate our behaviour.

Very odd, whichever one you are thinking of you hear. I wouldn’t have believed it but having tried it .......

Using that as a basis, I can get it to say "greenstorm" and "brain needle".

No I you “force it” to go the way you want it to, it doesn’t.

Back
Top Bottom