Yanny or Laurel ??

Yanny or Laurel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those wanting context

Unlike 'The Dress', I've been able to tune myself into both possibilities for this one (still can't see how the dress was 'blue and black')

At first I heard Yanny, but it's clearly supposed to be Laurel.

Apparently, if you have a below average IQ you will hear Yanny. If you are large in the "trouser department" you hear Laurel. Science eh!

• React
Reactions: m
Neither!! its Stanley ...... and that dress was Gold:cool:

Last edited:
Are the people that hear yanny messing about??!! Deffo laurel, heard it on Radio 1 this morning and thought Laurel!

Are the people that hear yanny messing about??!! Deffo laurel, heard it on Radio 1 this morning and thought Laurel!

The secret, it turns out, is frequency. The part of the sound that makes some people hear Yanny is higher frequency than that which makes some people hear Laurel.
As Lars Riecke, assistant professor of audition and cognitive neuroscience at Maastricht University, explained to The Verge "If you remove all the low frequencies, you hear yanny. If you remove the high frequencies, you hear laurel.
"If your... ears emphasise both the higher and lower frequencies, you can toggle between the two sounds."

Laurel.

Seems I'm in the minority. I even tried saying Yanny along with the audio file, but nope, still Laurel.

Apparently there is an age element too, as high frequencies are the first to deteriorate as you get older.
..and yes I could only hear Laurel,

Yanny.

Try as I might, I could not hear Laurel.

Does this mean I am of lower IQ, small in the trouser department, or very young? Or all three?

I think this experiment is flawed.

Yanny.

Try as I might, I could not hear Laurel.

Does this mean I am of lower IQ, small in the trouser department, or very young? Or all three?

I think this experiment is flawed.

It's actually secret answer number 4) Dave T's errand boy. Now run along, dinner won't make itself.

2 in the room here, I can hear Laurel whilst the other person can hear Yanny.

I can only hear laurel I don’t know what my dog poppy can hear but she doesn’t like it.

Back
Top Bottom