XI For Tranmere..

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time really I don’t agree with a lot of the teams being suggested! Obviously all depends on who’s fit, but I’d play:

Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Moore Ruffels
Mousinho
Brannigan Baptiste
Henry Agyei Fosu

I don’t think Cadden should be dropped or moved as so much of our attacking play comes through him. Mousinho might shore up the midfield, Gorrin makes a lot of mistakes for me. Once Taylor is fit it would be interesting to see him in a front two however:

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Cadden Brannigan Baptiste Fosu
Taylor Agyei

I think that could work nicely...​

I think my problem with Cadden is quite possibly not Cadden's fault! While I don't think he is the best defender, I do think that if he is going to play as a full back the team absolutely *has* to have someone detailed to fall back into the RB slot when he is up the pitch. That person has probably got to be whoever is playing right midfield - and I don't think we have anyone who can do that very well. So I'd put Long in at RB. He also goes up the pitch - he doesn't do it as well as Cadden, but is a better defender. So I think that if we pushed Cadden into right midfield then they could act as a 'tag team' - when Cadden was going forward, Long stays back and if Long overlaps then Cadden could be detailed to fill the RB hole he has left.

I understand your thought process and partly agree with you, but would just like to see if we have two players e.g. either Forde or Fosu plus Cadden what it would be like, you know the best form of defence is attack, but I agree with you in that you cannot fully trust either Forde or Fosu to cover if Cadden pushes on.

I dont think that I have ever seen so much disagreement on who should play.
I agree with Shosho that Gorin is a far better defensive midfield player than Mous.
I get the clamour for Sam Long, but just wonder whether, against Tranmere when we need a win, that would restrict our attacking options?
Whatever, when Taylor and Fosu are fully fit I reckon we will be far better team.

I get the clamour for Sam Long, but just wonder whether, against Tranmere when we need a win, that would restrict our attacking options?
The problem is (IMO) that we need to stop conceding so many goals. Because at the moment our strike force has to score 3, 4 or even 5 goals in a game for us to get three points. If Long at RB and/or a more defensive set up in central midfield means that we let less goals in, then it doesn't matter so much if we aren't quite the attacking force we've been (in some games) - we will 'only' have to score 1 or 2 to win! And Robinson really really has to find a team/formation that actually works properly - just doing the same again could even work on Saturday somehow, but it's quite obviously not the way forward if we want to win with any consistency.

I dont think that I have ever seen so much disagreement on who should play.
I agree with Shosho that Gorin is a far better defensive midfield player than Mous.
Whatever, when Taylor and Fosu are fully fit I reckon we will be far better team.

Gorrin may well be a better player overall than Mousinho but in a team where we need to go back to basics defensively he could be a good option to shore things up, be a leader in there and stop the rot for a few games until we can get some confidence back up and put a more expansive player like Gorrin or Thorne back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom