Xemi has left the building!

Who'll be next you reckon? GvK or Mehmeti?
We were overloaded in the middle and maybe not likely to lose anyone else in that position during this window. Also Pekalski is maybe nearing fitness and will be involved soon. And Xemi might not have cost much to terminate - possibly not the same for others . . .

Can't really say the same up front can we? - pretty threadbare given Thomas and Obika's injury records.

Maybe Tiendalli will be next . . . . .

We'll learn more from whatever team is put out next Saturday. Faz's team last week gave us a few clues.

GVK i reckon (hope). Here's correlation between these e signings pep made Xemi scored on League debut, Mehmeti scored on League debut, GVK scored on league debut. None of them have done anything noticeable since the

Also known in scientific circles as "The Sappleton Effect"...

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are negotiations behind the scenes to get Mehmeti, GvK and Tiendalli off the books. All of them (including Xemi) weird signings for players who look well off the pace

Quite possible, although until we get a dedicated RB can't see Tiendalli going anywhere

Probably the cheapest of the foreign imports and therefore the least risk (although a 3 year deal was bizarre).
Looked shellshocked at Rochdale away and was part of the Wigan debacle.

He'll go back to Spain and have a steady career in their lower leagues you would imagine.

Interesting again, Xemi makes a statement about how great the club is and it was a shame it didn’t work out. Thanks for the opportunity etc. And from the club? Nothing apart from a basic statement that he’s left.. a quote from someone at the club thanking him for his efforts and good luck in the future wouldn’t have been too hard would it? Or have I missed it?

I'm not ecstatic, wish he'd been able to do more for us. Couple of goals shows at least some sort of return for us. Am sure he'll have plenty of offers in the Spanish 3rd tier.

You would think a new manager would call the shots on releasing players? If released he could join another team outside the window due to having no contract.

Not saying it’s the wrong decision but I’d have thought the new manager would want to make these decisions.

You would think a new manager would call the shots on releasing players? If released he could join another team outside the window due to having no contract.

Not saying it’s the wrong decision but I’d have thought the new manager would want to make these decisions.

That’s one of the main reasons why as I said on another thread that Fazackerley in my view is now favourite for the manager’s job at least until the end of the season.

I've seen far worse players in an Oxford shirt. You never know, one of us might be up the JR in a few years and get treated by Dr Fernandez, good luck to him.

What a guy, I was pulling pints when at Uni! It does seem that Xemi's signing had an element of cronyism about it, but good luck to him. Seemed like a nice guy and gave it a go. Who wouldn't!

Thought Xemi was studying at Oxford Brookes? Or do they do distance learning there now?

Not good enough, a punt that failed.

His 45 minutes against Wigan was calamitous. He dominated the midfield like a Eurovision Song Contest backing singer.

Back
Top Bottom