Wycombe the local derby

Ox4Eva

I know it's not that important but why do we not just embrace our M40 derby?

It is a local derby and yes they are tinpot but we should make the most of it. Many clubs have various local derbies and why should we not look on this in the same way!

Their local Derby was always with slough town when they were non league, now they are nearly football league they think they can just choose us as rivals, wrong! Rivalry is a two way thing and unfortunately for them, they are going one way down a blind alley. Tin pot club, tin pot ground and tin pot support. Give me a day out at Scumdon all day long.

Can’t have a local derby with a non league village team, might as well pick a team from Oxfordshire if we are going to scrape the barrels that much.

If you put Oxford fans and the pig fuckers in a pub, train station, service station etc then you would soon be hearing police sirens, doubt most of us would raise an eyebrow if any High Wycombe were in the vicinity.

Er, only two local derbies.... one in the championship and one in league 2.

Reading are so plastic and tedious these days it's hard to feel a rivalry, their support is widely acknowledged by all Championship clubs as laughable. Very different pre-Madjeski days but that was a very long time ago. No doubt it would be a hugely enjoyable local game, but so is Wycombe! Not even remotely close to playing the Swine

Reading are so plastic and tedious these days it's hard to feel a rivalry, their support is widely acknowledged by all Championship clubs as laughable. Very different pre-Madjeski days but that was a very long time ago. No doubt it would be a hugely enjoyable local game, but so is Wycombe! Not even remotely close to playing the Swine

Reading is a local derby and I bet it would have an edge, it's just the fact we have not played each other much in recent years.

It would certainly not be like the swine games when people pavement dance, in Reading if you were that way inclined you get a lively welcome!

I would say their is more animosity between us and Northampton, than us and Wiccum

In the championship for me...

In the minority there mate. Assuming you're from south Oxfordshire if you consider them rivals?

I don't really have anything against Reading. They are a very similar club to us - except they got Majeski and we got the slum landlord.

In the minority there mate. Assuming you're from south Oxfordshire if you consider them rivals?

I don't really have anything against Reading. They are a very similar club to us - except they got Majeski and we got the slum landlord.

Tbf we’ve had some good old street/pub battles with Reading particularly in the 90’s when they were led by a “Nightmare” of a bloke ?. I’m the early days 70s/80s we used to take their end without trying but in the 90s they got more organised with the help of AF and co.

Yep I consider them the same as the swine, we just ain't played them much in the last few year's, if we had a few games then it would get the rivalry going again..

Back
Top Bottom