Wycombe Saturday

A Wycombe supporting friend of mine tells me that the dreadful pub on the roundabout is home fans only tomorrow and we've got a marquee next to the ground. Sensible given all of the trouble that has occurred at that pub previously......not.

It will be worrying if we can’t beat a side with a morbidly obese 48 year old up front, you know you are going to struggle then.

They will be a basic huff and puff long ball side, but at least we should of prepared for that, so it won’t be a surprise.

They don’t sell out whoever they play, despite having a tiny ground, such is the lack of interest in the second biggest club in Buckinghamshire, so it’s only bitterness that stops them giving us the full allocation.
Ainsworth has input on how many away tickets are made available Ive heard (from a good source).... fact is WW have decided against offering OUFC fans firstly the full compliment of 2000 tickets in the away end....also the additional 350 away seats (in the main stand... to the right of the away end as you look towards the pitch) ...... if they (WWFC) are being petty about ticket allocation (AGAIN), and TVP equally ridiculous regarding making the Hour Glass home fans only .... (as @Wallop mentions above, for no particular reason!!!).... OUFC travelling supporters should, IMO consider boycotting WW's limited choice beer marquee at Adams Park, thus minimising any matchday income from the fixture for the bitter, twisted and petty nonentities .... after all, they could have put another 550 away tickets on sale, but, with pikey Ainsworth's input, chose not to.... it appears WW dont want or need additional income from Oxford fans ? ..... the sooner they drop back to where they belong (Non league) the better I say

Bird in Hand ...practically next door to the White Horse ... does half decent food, and, if you happen to have under 18's with you, does (usually) allow accompanied ankle-biters in there

"The M40 will be ours once again.".............................. from that ghost town of a forum.

I mean....................

Really??

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't underestimate Akinfenwa. He may be huge but he is still a decent footballer and will cause better defences than ours trouble
the 22 gallon barrel on legs has been prolific throughout his career .... not too sure on how much success hes had against the U's though?:unsure:

A Wycombe supporting friend of mine tells me that the dreadful pub on the roundabout is home fans only tomorrow and we've got a marquee next to the ground. Sensible given all of the trouble that has occurred at that pub previously......not.

Question is will TVP be doing ID checks on the local window licking children who go in there and shout the odds from behind the 'safety' of uniformed stormtroopers? ... hope so , its best make sure they dont have too many sugar based drinks and then start thinking they are able to punch above their weight?:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Bad, bad, bad planning by whoever made that decision...... gobby underage locals outside the Hour Glass mouthing off at groups of Oxford's finest passing en route to the ground over the couple of hours before kick off , oh, well done, what a sensible idea.... NOT:confused:

perhaps the decision to make the Hour Glass home only, is for the ridiculous amount of over-policing on show tomorrow, and, by causing a confrontation hotspot TVP mounted division and armoured n tooled up stormtroopers get to use their' toys'?

Hour glass has been home only all season and not just for this game.

It will be worrying if we can’t beat a side with a morbidly obese 48 year old up front, you know you are going to struggle then.

They will be a basic huff and puff long ball side, but at least we should of prepared for that, so it won’t be a surprise.

They don’t sell out whoever they play, despite having a tiny ground, such is the lack of interest in the second biggest club in Buckinghamshire, so it’s only bitterness that stops them giving us the full allocation.

Think you might have misjudged the Beast. Probably all muscle. Reckoned by many to be the strongest around. FIFA have had him as the strongest until FIFA 19 where he's slipped to number 2.

Hour glass has been home only all season and not just for this game.

Not being a WW fan... and not having worked over in Wycombe for years ...I wasnt aware of the change in policy for this season?

It was, for many years open to both home and away fans on matchdays.... according to the online guide to away grounds (probably not been recently updated? ) which informs 'the Hour Glass is open to both Home and small groups of away supporters on matchdays'

Sensibly, making the Hour Glass AWAY fans only would have been best for Oxford Utd visit.... Sensible however ,is a word rarely, if ever, applied by TVP, who have historically tended to engineer rival supporter flashpoints for Oxford games on their patch .... I've a bad feeling that the Hour Glass will end up being at the centre of something from the old days at some point tomorrow

Not being a WW fan... and not having worked over in Wycombe for years ...I wasnt aware of the change in policy for this season?

It was, for many years open to both home and away fans on matchdays.... according to the online guide to away grounds (probably not been recently updated? ) which informs 'the Hour Glass is open to both Home and small groups of away supporters on matchdays'

Sensibly, making the Hour Glass AWAY fans only would have been best for Oxford Utd visit.... Sensible however ,is a word rarely, if ever, applied by TVP, who have historically tended to engineer rival supporter flashpoints for Oxford games on their patch .... I've a bad feeling that the Hour Glass will end up being at the centre of something from the old days at some point tomorrow
Am I the only getting who is heartily fed up with your ever more ludicrous contributions. If it's not totally unsupported comments about such as Ian Mixter or Shaun Derry, you are now predicting Armageddon in Wycombe tomorrow because the nearest pub to the ground won't be open to away fans only. And as for your ridiculous generalisations about TVP; pathetic and disgraceful in equal measure.

Am I the only getting who is heartily fed up with your ever more ludicrous contributions. If it's not totally unsupported comments about such as Ian Mixter or Shaun Derry, you are now predicting Armageddon in Wycombe tomorrow because the nearest pub to the ground won't be open to away fans only. And as for your ridiculous generalisations about TVP; pathetic and disgraceful in equal measure.
Well, I'm not fed up.
I quite enjoy the information and debate.
From personal experience I can verify some of the "behaviour" of TVP, as, no doubt, many others on here will.
If you attended the last away league meeting of OUFC and WWFC you would have witnessed some of the extraordinary policing and some of the downright rudeness and lack of assistance offered by TVP.

So your only post on this forum is to try to put down one of the most respected posters on here? Hmmm okay then...

I’ve been liaising with the pub for a while. When they took the pub over they weren’t keen on housing football fans at all. They are now willing to get more people through the door. THEY want people from Wycombe to drink there on match days. Not us. Them. There will be police around tomorrow. Certainly less then previous years.

So your only post on this forum is to try to put down one of the most respected posters on here? Hmmm okay then...
You have to start sometime! Respect has to be earned and the crock of poo above and other postings certainly don't meet my criteria. The reason it was my first post is that I've had enough of the ridiculous posturing and constant sniping about a variety of people, as well as TVP, who do their best for OUFC and sometimes, believe it or not, get things wrong.

My old mum used to say 'if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing. Silent as the grave she was.

Hope you enjoy your weekend too @tim lane ;) ..... as its your first post on YF? It maybe worth pointing out that forums are where opinions are discussed, varying ones at that too .... guessing you werent on previous incarnations of YF otherwise youd've found plenty more 'opinions' of mine that you more than probably disagree with too...... alternative views are always welcome to mine, Im not unknown to change my mind, or opinion on many subjects, and on the odd occasion I freely admit I can post a bit of nonsense on here....another heads up for you, if you dont want to read posts by any contributor to YF, there's a handy little option to block said poster, can't help you where its located though, as I've never blocked anyone in any incarnation of YF..... if you fancy a beer and a chat any time pre-home games, Im often in The 'bird pre-match, & I'll get the first round in too :)

Edit... it s helpful to debate and discussions on any forum to try not to make derogatory personal comments to/about other posters, especially if youve never met them in person :cool:.... fancy a pre match beer at most home games , maybe see ya in the 'bird ?

Last edited:
I’ve been liaising with the pub for a while. When they took the pub over they weren’t keen on housing football fans at all. They are now willing to get more people through the door. THEY want people from Wycombe to drink there on match days. Not us. Them. There will be police around tomorrow. Certainly less then previous years.
Glad to hear it @PC956S .... and thanks for the info re change of licencee at the Hour Glass etc :)

Back
Top Bottom